Sorry no bashing - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 6th, 13, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Sorry no bashing

Last edited by click; May 8th, 13 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Sorry bashing isnt allowed in our forums, especially 1st postings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 7th, 13, 07:41 PM
Senior Tech
Rick

Re: WARNING: Do Not Do Business with Ron Everett Jr

I personally don't think it right using your first post to bash someone. It makes me think the only reason you joined was to do this. I've been in contact with Ron and find him a very reasonable man that would go the extra mile to make things right. I e-mailed him and asked him about this post. This was his reply:

Thanks for sharing this . . . I am totally shocked about this. I have been a dealer for 26 years and never had a problem.

He responds to a Craigslist Ad and needs a rear seat for a tempest. He comes and inspects the seats that were covered with new Factory Chevelle Covers. This guy professes to be a car restoration guy and makes a living restoring and selling muscle cars. He buys the seats and dismantles thems and finds that they do not fit his car. He calls to complain and yell at me. I offered to make it right within reason after trying to talk with him for over 20 minutes - he demands that I refund more than half the money and he keeps the seats. I explain that I paid more for them and that he can return the seats with the covers reattached undamaged. Two weeks later he calls back demanding all his money back and he is keeping the seats. I ask him if he is returning the seats, or was he able to repair them for use in his car - and he would not reply. Then he threatens to make sure no one purchases parts from me again unless I give back all of his money.

The first time we talked I offered to compensate him to fix the frames - $50 to $100. He demanded $250 back on a $350 purchase. Then he calls back today and wants to keep the seats and wants all of his money back in full. This guy is unreasonable and unwilling to work things out. He is going on public forums to vent and slander my name. He wants parts for free and rips off people. He is a car dealer and works on the same cars all the time.

It is really easy to hide behind the computer and slander someone. If the guy was reasonable, I would have worked it out with him.

As far as your parts go for your Camaro - not sure what you are looking for, but I have no problem making things right if I mis-stated something or if something is broken or unusable - if it is returned in the same condition it was purchased in. In this guys case he bought the seats removed all of the upholstry, demanded his money back and wanted to keep the parts as well.

Feel free to call or email me if you wish to duiscuss this further,
Ron

I would have no problems doing business with this man. I think when someone is venting on here you have to take it with a grain of salt. All this is just my opinion.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 8th, 13, 06:52 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS
Re: WARNING: Do Not Do Business with Ron Everett Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT3O2 View Post
I personally don't think it right using your first post to bash someone. It makes me think the only reason you joined was to do this. I've been in contact with Ron and find him a very reasonable man that would go the extra mile to make things right. I e-mailed him and asked him about this post. This was his reply:

Thanks for sharing this . . . I am totally shocked about this. I have been a dealer for 26 years and never had a problem.

He responds to a Craigslist Ad and needs a rear seat for a tempest. He comes and inspects the seats that were covered with new Factory Chevelle Covers. This guy professes to be a car restoration guy and makes a living restoring and selling muscle cars. He buys the seats and dismantles thems and finds that they do not fit his car. He calls to complain and yell at me. I offered to make it right within reason after trying to talk with him for over 20 minutes - he demands that I refund more than half the money and he keeps the seats. I explain that I paid more for them and that he can return the seats with the covers reattached undamaged. Two weeks later he calls back demanding all his money back and he is keeping the seats. I ask him if he is returning the seats, or was he able to repair them for use in his car - and he would not reply. Then he threatens to make sure no one purchases parts from me again unless I give back all of his money.

The first time we talked I offered to compensate him to fix the frames - $50 to $100. He demanded $250 back on a $350 purchase. Then he calls back today and wants to keep the seats and wants all of his money back in full. This guy is unreasonable and unwilling to work things out. He is going on public forums to vent and slander my name. He wants parts for free and rips off people. He is a car dealer and works on the same cars all the time.

It is really easy to hide behind the computer and slander someone. If the guy was reasonable, I would have worked it out with him.

As far as your parts go for your Camaro - not sure what you are looking for, but I have no problem making things right if I mis-stated something or if something is broken or unusable - if it is returned in the same condition it was purchased in. In this guys case he bought the seats removed all of the upholstry, demanded his money back and wanted to keep the parts as well.

Feel free to call or email me if you wish to duiscuss this further,
Ron

I would have no problems doing business with this man. I think when someone is venting on here you have to take it with a grain of salt. All this is just my opinion.
I agree! I consider myself intelligent enough to judge a person character especially in person to not get scammed. I don't feel that Ron would be in business 26 years treating people like the OP says.

I don't think this post will be here long before the mods delete it.

Jeff

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 8th, 13, 07:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bryon

Re: Sorry no bashing

Why would someone take new Chevelle covers off a set of back seats and then recover them with correct Lemans covers?

You should have been able to find a decent seat of frames for about $100.

Sorry...

68 Camaro SS 396 - 468 BBC now, M21, 12 bolt 3.73 coded housing but w/ 3.31 gears.
Looking for 68 Camaro with body number NOR 181016
CRG -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode