Soon to be new owner of a 67 - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 13, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rich
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 88
Soon to be new owner of a 67

Thought I would start off by saying, what a great site. Tons of info.
I am most likely picking up a 67 convertible this week. Super excited. I have been looking for a 69 for a while, but the 67 caught my eye and the price was right. Looking forward to learning from everyone here.

What do most of you use for insurance? Do you use someone like Hagerty or Grundy? Wasn't sure if people also used the same carrier as their day to day driver is on.

Hopefully the deal goes smooth and I will have the car in my possession on Tuesday!

Have a good weekend,
-Breck
breck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 13, 11:25 AM
Premium Member
Gordon
 
gordr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,095
Re: Soon to be new owner of a 67

Hey Breck,

Congrats on your upcoming acquisition, a convertible is always real nice! I had a powder blue 67 vert years ago, 6 cyl 3 spd shift on floor....shoulda kept it.

My current ride is also a 67, an SS 396 coupe.

Hagerty limits drivers to pleasure only at least here in Canada anyway. I use Hagerty on my current ride. So, depending on your needs and what you want to do will affect your choice. I'm figuring my next first-gen will be in fair-good condition so I can use as a daily driver then I would have to get "full" insurance.

67 Plain Jane being assembled with 427, 4 spd Muncie, 12 bolt rear with Mosers, 4 wheel discs
gordr is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 13, 11:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: collingwood canada
Posts: 444
Re: Soon to be new owner of a 67

Had a pain with my regular insurance carrier. Wanted a ten page appraisal and hundreds of pics just to cover fire and theft for the winter. Moved all my insurance to another carrier and went with Hagerty on my 67.

Will need some pics !

Rick
Ric67 is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 13, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rich
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 88
Re: Soon to be new owner of a 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordr View Post
Hey Breck,

Congrats on your upcoming acquisition, a convertible is always real nice! I had a powder blue 67 vert years ago, 6 cyl 3 spd shift on floor....shoulda kept it.

My current ride is also a 67, an SS 396 coupe.

Hagerty limits drivers to pleasure only at least here in Canada anyway. I use Hagerty on my current ride. So, depending on your needs and what you want to do will affect your choice. I'm figuring my next first-gen will be in fair-good condition so I can use as a daily driver then I would have to get "full" insurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric67 View Post
Had a pain with my regular insurance carrier. Wanted a ten page appraisal and hundreds of pics just to cover fire and theft for the winter. Moved all my insurance to another carrier and went with Hagerty on my 67.

Will need some pics !

Rick
Thanks guys. I plan on driving it, not everyday, all day, but when it is nice and if I feel like driving a 100 miles then so be it. I will get some pics when I get her home. As long as my credit union,which goes over loans on Mondays gives me the go ahead (don't know why they wouldn't), I will get the pics when I get it. They did quote me at a 4.75% interest rate though. I'm like a kid on Christmas, the suspense is killing me!

Thanks everyone for the advice.
breck is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 13, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule
 
Everett#2390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Va Beach VA
Posts: 31,651
Garage
Re: Soon to be new owner of a 67

Welcome, Rich.
Yes, the anticipation can really make for an emotional tour.
Enjoy the ride, once you get her.
I would start with your present ins comp and listen to what they have to offer.
Then go from there.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
Everett#2390 is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 13, 08:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger
 
rogerh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Quincy, IL
Posts: 18,528
Re: Soon to be new owner of a 67

Rich welcome to the site. Its always great to see another 67 owner on the site. I don't want to stifle you from asking any question you want but some time you can find your answers by doing a search. Like this question, you should be able to find a lot of insurance info by doing a search. There is a lot wording you need to look for in buying insurance on a classic car. When you have a claim is not the time to find out what coverage you have.
I also have Hagerty, but I just show my car.
Roger

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.
rogerh is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 13, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rich
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 88
Re: Soon to be new owner of a 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett#2390 View Post
Welcome, Rich.
Yes, the anticipation can really make for an emotional tour.
Enjoy the ride, once you get her.
I would start with your present ins comp and listen to what they have to offer.
Then go from there.
Thanks! Yeah, for full coverage, it was only an extra $200/yr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerh View Post
Rich welcome to the site. Its always great to see another 67 owner on the site. I don't want to stifle you from asking any question you want but some time you can find your answers by doing a search. Like this question, you should be able to find a lot of insurance info by doing a search. There is a lot wording you need to look for in buying insurance on a classic car. When you have a claim is not the time to find out what coverage you have.
I also have Hagerty, but I just show my car.
Roger
Thanks, I appreciate the welcome. And I should have known better and searched. I am a veteran on other forums and should have known to search. I guess I was a little excited with the new ride!

I picked the car up today and drove 3 hrs home. Rode great, although, I am a little sunburnt. The speedometer is not accurate neither is the fuel gauge, but they will be fixed. Super excited to finally have this car. Now the fun starts to make it mine. Lot of ideas and looking forward to learning from everyone here.

Last edited by breck; Aug 24th, 16 at 04:31 AM.
breck is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 13, 06:31 PM
Senior Tech
Brian
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 394
Re: Soon to be new owner of a 67

Congrats on your new car! Looks great!

As far as insurance, I have my 69 through Hagerty. It was really easy to set up, they helped me figure out what replacement value seemed fair and I've had one claim so far and it was absolutely painless and fast! They may not be the cheapest, but I have no complaints!

Have fun with your car!!!
brian2013 is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 13, 07:21 PM
Senior Tech
Scott
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 2,457
Re: Soon to be new owner of a 67

Rich,

Welcome and congrats on your 67, looks like a sweet ride and I love the butterfly windows which 67 was the only year of.

I ended up choosing Hagerty for my 69 as State Farm (my insurance company for everything else) didn't have anything worthwhile and wanted me to jump through too many hoops. Hagerty doesn't limit how much I drive my classic but does require proof that I own a daily driver. I've heard nothing but positive comments about Hagerty.

Enjoy your new ride.

69 Camaro Z/28 RS, original Azure Turquoise, M21 & 3.73 12-bolt posi. NOM 406ci, AFR 210 heads, Straub hyd. roller cam & Dynatech 1-3/4" > 1-7/8" headers, QuickFuel 750 Annular. Photos at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NH69Z28RS is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 13, 07:35 PM
Senior Tech
Chad
 
cv2065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,193
Re: Soon to be new owner of a 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by breck View Post
Thought I would start off by saying, what a great site. Tons of info.
I am most likely picking up a 67 convertible this week. Super excited. I have been looking for a 69 for a while, but the 67 caught my eye and the price was right. Looking forward to learning from everyone here.

What do most of you use for insurance? Do you use someone like Hagerty or Grundy? Wasn't sure if people also used the same carrier as their day to day driver is on.

Hopefully the deal goes smooth and I will have the car in my possession on Tuesday!

Have a good weekend,
-Breck
Geico has some great policies. A little more flexible in the payment plan, offers up replacement value, slightly cheaper than Haggertys, and none of that proximity garbage.
cv2065 is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 13, 08:41 PM
Premium Member
Gordon
 
gordr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,095
Re: Soon to be new owner of a 67

Congrats, Rich, looking good...and with a 3 hour drive already it must be in fairly good mechanical shape.

67 Plain Jane being assembled with 427, 4 spd Muncie, 12 bolt rear with Mosers, 4 wheel discs
gordr is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 13, 05:28 AM
Senior Tech
ray
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: tennessee
Posts: 503
Re: Soon to be new owner of a 67

Welcome Rich. Glad you were able to swing the deal and get your 67. Hope you have lots of fun with it.
carcrazy615 is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 13, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Rich
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 88
Re: Soon to be new owner of a 67

Thanks guys. It rode pretty good. There are some minor things, but it really wasn't driven much at all in the las 15yrs. Now just deciding whether to start with. I have been checking out Baer brakes, love their stuff.
breck is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 17th, 13, 02:59 PM
Senior Tech
Mikael
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 328
Re: Soon to be new owner of a 67

Welcome.
I am new to this site since a year and this place is tremendous for getting the information you need.
67 rules
/Mikael

69 Chevelle Malibu 400/TH400 (136379Z328013)
67 Camaro Coupe 327 - Sold 26:th of Aug 2014
Elmer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome