Another Canuck from Ontario - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 14, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Paul

Another Canuck from Ontario

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this site, but have posted on a few others over the years. As a hobby, I like to restore multi make muscle, but lean more to the GM stuff. I also tinker with anything that's old and cool.

I have restored 2 Camaro's so far (a 76 Type LT and a 69 RS/SS convertible resto mod that now houses a 502) and just re-assembling my 3rd. This one has been painted for about 3 years now and hopefully will be buttoned up by Spring.

Its an original 69 RS/Z28 coupe, frost green, black stripes, dark green interior, flat hood, non gauges car.

Since I have no intention of selling it, it now wears a fathom green paint job with white stripes. I'm also putting on a white vinyl top. I have added a cowl induction hood and console gauges too. (just a personal preference)

This site is a wonderful resource for putting this car back together; especially since its been 4 years since I dismantled the darn thing, LOL!

Anyway, when I get a little more time, I'll be sure to start a build thread, but you guys probably don't want to see another 69 Z/RS build... do you?

I've been lurking for a bit and can honestly say that this place is the most comprehensive forum I have ever come across... congrats to the administrators and all the contributors that make that possible,

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 14, 04:37 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Re: Another Canuck from Ontario

Welcome Paul - Any pics to share of the 69? Sounds like a nice ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 14, 04:39 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Welcome to TC Paul. It is requirement that all newcomers must share pictures of their ride. We all enjoy build threads so post away Enjoying Arizona are you?

Z282NV

1969 Camaro

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 14, 07:20 PM
Senior Tech

Welcome Paul to the TC Crew.

And no... there can never be enough first gen bring 'em back from the dead, or close to it. Also great to have your knowledge base and your willingness to share the experience you've had.

capt
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 14, 07:50 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Charlie

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazzen View Post

I've been lurking for a bit and can honestly say that this place is the most comprehensive forum I have ever come across... congrats to the administrators and all the contributors that make that possible,

Paul
Welcome Paul,

Everyone on here is grateful and appreciative of the great job the site administrators do for us and you will definitely see it in the communication we all have with one another.

Great place to be and the cars are just a bonus!

Charlie
Edmonds, WA
1969 Camaro SS Vert LS1 T56
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 14, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Paul

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm out of the Country right now and will start that build thread when I return, but for now I'll give you 3 pics to hold you until then...

Real hugger orange RS/SS with documentation (came with non-matching motor):

[IMG][/IMG]

An original low mile Big Bumper Type LT that I chose to recreate my high school car with (It's pretty close to what my car looked like in 1977, one year after I bought it new, only with a few hundred more horses, LOL). Paid $6K for the car and invested another $40K... should be able to get $20K for it some day :

[IMG][/IMG]

Here's a peak at the current project (rear sill panel is sprayed black because I think it makes more sense even on dark paint cars):

[IMG][/IMG]

My Dad still thinks I'm nuts for doing what I do to these cars, but what the hell...you only live twice, right?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 14, 12:38 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Welcome Paul. But I am confused. Your thread says another Canuck from Ontario, but yours stats location says Arizona. Not that it matters, just curious as a fellow Canuck. And to answer your question, we never get tired of another 69 RS Z/28 restoration. Oh contraire as we say in Canuckville, eh!

Grandma, 69.5, Z/28 Finally Done! Well almost...

My Build Thread

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 14, 02:46 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Paul ... welcome !! I will be back down in Arizona in a couple of weeks, as I love it there, can't wait ...
Trust me don't come back here until at least April .. weather SUCKS here !!

Lets see more details on the car, very nice

Steve

Steve
69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-FORCE LS7, DSE Sub, T56 MAG, Recaro, Wilwood disc, Racepak IQ3S, SpeedTech TA/JRI CO's, Pro-Venom 250s, Forgeline CV3C 20/19 - SOLD
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 14, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69z28freak View Post
Welcome Paul. But I am confused. Your thread says another Canuck from Ontario, but yours stats location says Arizona. Not that it matters, just curious as a fellow Canuck. And to answer your question, we never get tired of another 69 RS Z/28 restoration. Oh contraire as we say in Canuckville, eh!
Okay, thanks for the encouragement.

I have a place in Phoenix (for the winter only) and its just easier to keep my internet activity with that home base. Unfortunately all my resto stuff happens in Ontario since its hard enough to deck out one shop... let alone two.

Stay tuned.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 14, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheck44 View Post
Paul ... welcome !! I will be back down in Arizona in a couple of weeks, as I love it there, can't wait ...
Trust me don't come back here until at least April .. weather SUCKS here !!

Lets see more details on the car, very nice

Steve
Thanks Steve, I'll be back there at the end of the month and I feel the same way about the place... I enjoy it more and more each time i visit.

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of the Zed (another Canadian term, huh?) so I can start a healthy thread before heading south.

Best,

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode