Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Hi from Canada
Hey Everyone, I've been browsing this site for information for a year now, since I picked up my current project. It's about time to join up!
My Camaro was a '68 base, 250 with a torque-drive when I bought it last February. California car, nearly rust free, brought to Canada by an owner of multiple Camaros as a project. It was in a storage yard with pretty deep snow, but everything that I could see looked good, so I brought it home.
Once I got it home though, closer inspection revealed that the car had been hit hard sometime in it's life, on the driver's side just behind the A-pillar. Lots of brazing rod and Bondo. I took the car to a frame shop to have it checked, they pulled it a little to square things up, and then I started cutting and replacing steel. New driver's side front door frame, inner and outer rockers, and outer cowl were installed. The dash had been squished a little and (poorly) straightened, it also was rusted at the base of the windshield, so I've purchased a replacement. The unibody is now close to what I thought it was when I picked it up, lol.
I have a huge pile of goodies to go into this project- Hotchkis TVS stage 2 kit, 6.0 LQ4, TH400, Gear Vendors overdrive, etc. If I wasn't already divorced, this thing would do it for sure! When I get to the assembly phase, I'm sure there will be some puzzles to solve and I will be asking for help and sharing solutions.
Members of this site have already been a great help to me, hope I can give some back. I'll upload pics and post them soon!