Long Time Member, 1st Time Owner - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 14, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

Thumbs up Long Time Member, 1st Time Owner

After owning several muscle cars (Shelby Cobra replica, 70 Nova BB, 68 Firebird, 69 Firebird, 77 Camaro, 73 Camaro) I FINALLY own a 1st Gen Camaro! I have always wanted a 1st Gen Camaro, but have never been able to find the "right" deal (ie affordable and in decent shape).

As the story goes, I was on the the tail-end of a '73 Camaro build when a friend of mine called me about 6 weeks ago. This kicked off a chain of events. 5 years ago he had found a '68 that was literally in the process of being pulled out of a local barn with a bucket loader and chain as he drove by. He pulled over and bought it. Back then, I had happen to stop by his place and he showed me the car. It was complete and in pretty nice shape. He told me how little he paid for it and I told him, "if you ever sell this car call me first." Well after 5 years, the call came 6 weeks ago with an offer to sell it "for what he had into it." Which was only $1500 over what he had paid (and he had put an alum drive shaft, new carb, new disty, new intake, new exhaust, new tires, new brakes, etc. into the car). I jumped at the chance to get a 1st gen and something that I could drive this Summer, so I put my '73 project up for sale. After taking a bath on that , I took delivery of the '68 last Friday.

It's an plain Jane '68 turbo 350 tranny / 350 with alum. heads. It drives great but is also visually a "nice driver." From what we can tell, it has had 1 older "restoration" that was most likely done in the 80s or 90s. I put it on a lift and have been under and inside the whole car. It is actually fairly solid needing mostly visual stuff (don't like the wheels/tires, some interior components and an engine bay clean up).

We are currently members of the East Coast Camaro Club and we know already know several members on this forum. We look forward to meeting up!

...Lots of things I want to "fix" but we will be making these changes as we enjoy her this Summer!

Phil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Car Media Blasting:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 14, 05:45 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Re: Long Time Member, 1st Time Owner

Welcome back Phil, nice car.

1969 Z28

1969 Firebird 400

My new project for 2010 DONE/ Sold.

2002 Camaro SS LE/SLP
67 Nova SS 327, M20, 3.73
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 14, 12:14 PM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Hey Phil, glad to see you finally got the car. Looking forward to seeing it soon!

Kevin

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 14, 01:16 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Nice save Phil.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 14, 01:40 PM
Senior Tech
Ty

I owned a 2nd gen before I owned my 1st gen and you will experience a new kind of addiction.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 14, 12:46 PM
Senior Tech
T.C.

Welcome Phil!

T.C.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 14, 05:13 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Welcome, nice ride.

67 Vert RS/SS 350 4 SP
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 14, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

Thanks guys, great to finally be an "owner."

UPS just dropped off my new Quick Fuel carb and BFG tires. Now I am just waiting on the wheels and I will be driving again!

Phil

Full Car Media Blasting:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode