67 rs/ss 4x4 - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 14, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Rui

Cool 67 rs/ss 4x4

Hi to all, thanks for letting me join your forum. I have a 1967 rs/ss possibly 1969? I just inherited it so I am going to be doing some research. The Camaro is all there, hideaway headlights and all, but it is sitting on a professionally built 4x4 with drums all around. I want to bring the Camaro back to life and find a complete rolling frame basically. Anyone know if any of these exist? lol
I do want to keep it numbers matching. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 14, 07:11 PM
Senior Tech
Erik

Re: 67 rs/ss 4x4

Why do people insist on putting classic cars on 4x4 frames. Don't get me wrong I enjoy wheeling my offroad truck and quads but would not put my Camaro on a 4x4 frame.

You will have to get pictures so we can see what damage has been done. The Camaros do not have a full frame from the factory so I can guessing some one drilled, cut and forces a normal 4x4 chassis under is.

If the damage isn't too bad, you might get away with just remounting stock style springs in the rear and finding a front subframe (aftermarket or original).

If they cut a lot out the rear, you might have replace the back sheet metal.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 14, 07:50 PM
Senior Tech
Sean

Welcome to the site!

The original camaro frames can still be found in salvage yards for pretty cheap. These cars are unibody rear, and front sub-frame. You can use a 67-69 camaro body frame obviously, or if they are not available, a 68-74 nova frame will work with minor modifications. They are the same frame with things welded in different places, and different holes. I have a nova frame under one of mine. Then all you need is a set of leaf-springs, and she's back to normal. All of the information you will need can either be researched or posted in the appropriate section. Answers come fast here. BTW 67's have vent windows in the doors, 68's do not, the cars look similar but it is one of the easiest ways to tell them apart. 69's have aggressive body lines on the doors fenders and quarters. Also, a 69 has 3 indentations in the front of the quarter.

1967 RS/SS Camaro 383 5 speed tremec 3.70
1967 RS/SS Camaro 383 5 speed tremec 4.10
1967 RS Camaro Convertible 327 4 speed 3.73
1969 SS Camaro 6.0 LS Twin Turbo 5 Speed 3.50
2013 ZL1 Camaro roto-fab airbox pulley swap Rest In Pieces March 27 2014

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 14, 08:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Garage

http://horsepowersports.com/bolt-in-...y-muscle-cars/

Someone does make a full frame for Camaros, The above is an example.

68 302 M20 3:73 - 85 IROC Z - 82 Honda CB900C
The older I get the faster I was.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 14, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Rui

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSS1969 View Post
Why do people insist on putting classic cars on 4x4 frames. Don't get me wrong I enjoy wheeling my offroad truck and quads but would not put my Camaro on a 4x4 frame.

You will have to get pictures so we can see what damage has been done. The Camaros do not have a full frame from the factory so I can guessing some one drilled, cut and forces a normal 4x4 chassis under is.

If the damage isn't too bad, you might get away with just remounting stock style springs in the rear and finding a front subframe (aftermarket or original).

Hi, I just found out it is 1969 rs/ss , I will post some pics soon.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 14, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Rui

Hi, thanks for the info and suggestions, the Camaro is a 1969, and has a 396 in it, i will be
posting pictures soon, as far as the 4x4 goes it was done by the builder of the original bigfoot before it became popular, so it is not just a slapped together 4x4. But i would have not put it on this nice camaro, the good thing is that he left the car all together, trim, interior and all, seems that he wanted something different like a camaro 4x4. I will for sure be hunting around for a roller, frame, that kinda of stuff. Thanks again.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 14, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Rui

Re: 69 rs/ss 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSS1969 View Post

Hi, I just found out it is 1969 rs/ss , I will post some pics soon.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 14, 06:42 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Looking forward to photos of this one! I dont recall anybody else here actually admitting to owning one. I hope it's any easy change for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 14, 12:27 PM
Senior Tech
T.C.

Welcome Rui!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode