1st post - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 14, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
Mike

1st post

Howdy all. Found this site mentioned in a post on CRG's site. Original owner of an original, unrestored '69 Coupe with 86,036 miles. Very low option base coupe with 327/210; PG; P/S; A/C, LeMans Blue, Black std. interior. Mom bought it for me, with the only catch being that she could use it too - no hesitation whatsoever for agreement! My better half & I dated in it, our newborn son came home in it in '74, our 18 year old grandson drove it for the 1st time last summer before heading to boot camp - 4 generations in it. Only gasket on the 327 to be broken is the water pump. Looking forward to being here!

Y'all take care,
Mike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 14, 07:13 AM
John

Garage
Re: 1st post

Welcome aboard.

Pics are a must of course

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 14, 11:47 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Well Mike glad you found your way to us here at TC. Great back story and LeMans Blue is one of my favs. As already requested fire up some links to your photo storage site or take the opportunity to become a full member so you can upload pics direct to our server.

Brian

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 14, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Mike

OK, I'm gonna give it a try with some pix. Hope it works.

1st: Original paint spring '98 - you can see why I repainted it. Yes, I really did get to drive it on the track! My better half left her fingerprints in the seat. The only thing that gave me a problem was controlling my right hoof! No choice though, there were motorcycle cops around the track with radar to make sure we didn't get carried away.

2nd: New paint summer '99. Done with lacquer like original. Started collecting trophies right away. The one big one in the middle is from the Tampa Bay Auto Fair in the spring of '99, just 3 days after it came out of the paint shop. For painting, the whole front clip came off; all glass and trim was removed; whole interior was removed; and the whole shell taken down to bare metal. 4 coats of LeMans Blue, 6 clear, all hand rubbed of course. Original sheet metal (ALL of it!) - NO bondo

There's very little on it that's not original (paint excepted of course), down to the lug nuts. It was built the 1st week of Nov., '68, at the Norwood plant. I named it "My Addiction", and that's what the front tag says. My better half & I dated in it, and I still have 'em both

Y'all take care,
Mike.

Last edited by Mikes69_Coupe; May 23rd, 14 at 08:30 PM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 14, 12:41 PM
Senior Tech
T.C.

Welcome aboard Mike!

T.C.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 14, 01:21 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Tell us more about the cops doing radar on the speedway. You had a speed limit?
Nice original car by the way. I like it that way.

67 RS/SS 350 4sp.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 14, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Mike

Silvrmax04: Yep, speed limit was 50! Liability reasons, no doubt. That part sucked, but at least I got to drive it around, and on, THE Track.

I can appreciate most any car, but the originality of one is what really stands out to me. Especially when ALL of the original documentation is there! As I said previously, there's very little on mine not original. I've changed the outside mirror, battery, & water pump. I don't remember anything else, but since discovering the TC & CRG forums, I need to recheck a few minor things like the rad., voltage reg. & master cylinder for my own peace of mind.

As a curious side note, on the original order form, it shows (handwritten on the form) the following factory installed items being removed and replaced by the dealer: F70 white letter tires; wheel covers; & am/fm radio. Replaced with: std. blackwalls; dog dish hub caps; & am only radio. Mom never told me why, & and I never pressed it. Likely, it was something she cooked up to save a few bucks. I figured, what the heck, I still have the car! In retrospect, it's kinda hard to seriously bitch about it very much. Mom was still a cool chick Wish she was still around to see it now.

Thanks for the kind words and welcome from everyone!!

Y'all take care,
Mike.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 14, 06:17 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 14, 06:32 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

That's defiantly a cool story behind it. I would never get rid of it. Keep passing it down.

67 RS/SS 350 4sp.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 14, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Mike

Silvrmax04: I didn't name it "My Addiction" for nothin'! About 2 months ago at a local cruise, I turned a guy down flat when he offered to trade me even for a '64 Vette Roadster. This car is, quite literally, one of the family, especially since I raised it from a new born lug nut

Glad y'all like it

Y'all take care,
Mike
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Y'all are welcome here, Mike.
Family member to say the least.
Enjoy the club.
Congrats on the trophies, nice Camaro.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 04:34 AM
Kevin

Welcome Mike, cool stories!

Kevin

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 14, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Mike

'Preciate the welcome, Kevin & Jakes 68! Since I rather belatedly discovered this site earlier this week, I've spent most of my time here reading all I can - better half's a bit PO'd, but she'll get over it

Y'all take care,
Mike.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 14, 04:43 AM
Senior Tech
Bill

Garage

Welcome aboard Mike. Come back to share your knowledge with the group. I am sure you have learned a lot about 69's in your tenure as owner.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 14, 04:56 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

Welcome, Mike!

Experience...... It's what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode