New guy on the block - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 14, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Richard

New guy on the block

Hello
My name is Richard and I live in Ohio. I've seen many interesting and informative posts on your website and decided to join. I have five 69 Camaros. Yes, I like 69 Camaros a lot. I wanted a 69 Z-28 real bad when they were new. I had a full time job so I could afford the payments, but I was only 17 in 1969 and needed my fathers signature on the loan. He said that I would probably kill myself in it and refused to sign. I bought my first one in 1972. A Lemans Blue 396/325hp automatic SS. I was driving by a local Chevrolet dealer and saw tge car going thru their used car lot. A lady bought it new and had just traded it in on a new 1972 Monte Carlo. The car didn't even get to its parking space before I bought it for $1,895.00. I still have it to this day.
My other four are:
A survivor Z-28 with 26,000 miles on it. All matching numbers and 95% original Garnet red paint.
A survivor 396/375hp SS with 5,682 miles on it. 100% matching numbers with 100% original Fathom Green paint. It has a deluxe interior, console, and even a factory 8 track tape player (still works great). It even has the factory 8 track tape that came with the car and the ignition instructions still on the placard that slides over the sunvisor! It is a real time capsule. Still even has the original belts, hoses and plug wires. I bought it from the original owner here in Ohio. He was drafted into the Army 6 months after he bought the car and he ended up doing 20 years in it, mostly overseas. The car sat in his fathers heated garage most of that 20 years. I purchased it from him in 1990.
A Z-10 pace car RS/SS 350/300hp matching numbers 3 speed with console. (Supposedly the only one built that way) it's listed in the Camaro Pace Car book. It has factory air, deluxe interior, fold down rear seat, shoulder harnesses, am/fm blue light radio, and rosewood wheel. The original drivetrain is sitting in the garage. (A little too mild for me) It now has a 406 small block with a M-22 4 speed and 3:73 gears in it. It's my main cruising car on nice days. It looks stock, but sure doesn't run like it. Even the factory air still works.
Finally, I saved the best for last.
It's a COPO car with a 4 speed and a 4:10 gear. 100% correct matching numbers base car. No console, am radio, just plain let's get it on bad *** muscle car! It has 19,000 miles on it. I am the fourth owner. The car was originally sold here in Ohio. Next, it made its way to Louisville, Ky, then to Savannah, Ga. Before I purchased it from that owner. It is a factory paint delete car with the -- on the trim plate. It is supposedly one of only three known paint delete COPO cars ordered. It was originally ordered with 1969 Firebird Verdoro green paint. It now has 1969 Corvette Monza Red paint on it.
I'm looking forward to talking with some of you fellow members in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 14, 08:46 PM
Team Member
Jerry

Re: New guy on the block

Welcome to the forum Richard.

69 SS/RS
565 BBC
Tremic 6 speed
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 02:43 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Welcome to TC

Nice list of Camaros you had/have

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Richard, to the Club.
Nice list of Camaro's, enjoy them.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 03:33 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Welcome x5 to Team Camaro Richard. You have some pictures of your collection to motivate the members with?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Richard

Yes, I do have pictures. I will post them soon.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 08:15 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

HOLY CRAP, Richard!!! What a list of cars. Welcome to the site.

Experience...... It's what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 08:20 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

all I can say is WOW!!!!!!
welcome
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 09:45 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Welcome!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!

Mike
U.S Air Force Retired
68 RS/SS, 396 BBC .060 over, M-20, 373 12 Bolt, factory color Island Teal blue, redline bias ply tires.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Richard

Re: New guy on the block pictures

I got a few pictures posted up on my album of four of the cars today. A couple of them are sideways. I'll edit them soon.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 01:42 PM
Kevin

Welcome!

Kevin

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 01:49 PM
Senior Tech
Erik

That's a very nice list of Camaros. Welcome. Don't forget to post picture of these beauties here.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 14, 06:08 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Garage

Very nice stable!
Just a plethora of knowledge on here, I'm still in kindergarden compared to most on here Very few days i'm not on here to live vicariously on all the beautiful metal to view us car guys call a hobby (passion)!

69 X-44 Camaro, slowly upgrading to my liking...Hmmm, i guess i'll never be done

2002 Camaro LE SS...Many upgrades
1969 Step Side LWB C10
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old May 1st, 14, 03:08 AM
Senior Tech
Tim

Re: New guy on the block pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69zzcopoman View Post
A couple of them are sideways. I'll edit them soon.
^^ For some reason, this made me expect pictures of your Camaros power sliding around a dirt road or race track...... then I saw your other posts and realised what you meant
Welcome to the forum Richard, you have an enviable collection of our favorite cars

1969 04A Van Nuys-built Z/28. Cortez Silver with dark blue interior and VE3. Sold Clippinger Chevrolet. Raced at Lions in LA.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old May 1st, 14, 07:25 AM
Senior Tech
ray

Welcome, Glad you joined in with us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode