New guy with 72 Camaro - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 14, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Greg

New guy with 72 Camaro

Hey guys,

Just a quick hello. My name is Greg and I recently picked up a resto-modded 72 Camaro.

I'm not new to cars or Chevy's. Over the past 20-something years I've owned 2 Chevelles, a 67 Nova, and until recently a 68 Firebird but I've never owned a Camaro. After selling my 68 Firebird I decided to do an all out hunt for a Camaro. As much as I LOVE 1st Gen Camaro's I have to admit that they're all over the place and I wanted something a little different.

That's when I came across my current car. It's a 72 Camaro resto-mod. It has a 1970 396 that's been warmed over with mildly ported heads, roller rockers, Comp cam, Edelbrock intake, Holley 750 double pumper, and HEI ignition. The trans is a rebuilt Muncie M-21 that runs power back to a 12 bolt posi with 3:73 gears. The car runs strong. The horsepower estimate from the machine shop that built the motor is in the 425-450 HP range.

The rest of the car was finished nicely. It has subframe connectors, all new front and rear suspension with larger front and rear sway bars. It handles the road really well.

Some nice additions are ice cold Vintage A/C, tilt wheel, cowl hood, 17" polished Torque Thrust wheels with new Nitto tires, and a brand new paint job.

I love the car and I'm really enjoying taking it to local shows and cruises. It draws a of attention due to it's beautiful blue paint and the fact that it has a big block.

I'm looking forward to learning more about Camaro's as I absorb some knowledge on this site.

Here's my ride:

Greg
68 Camaro RS convertible
454/425HP, 4 speed, 12 bolt rear with 3:31 gears

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 14, 08:08 PM
Senior Tech
Cory

Re: New guy with 72 Camaro

My first car/Camaro was a 73 Z clone. I still kick myself in the *** for selling it. Beautiful car you have there. Welcome to Team Camaro.

1967 RS project:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 14, 02:38 PM
Senior Tech
T.C.

Re: New guy with 72 Camaro

Welcome Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode