Just bought my dream project. '67 RS - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 14, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Dan

Just bought my dream project. '67 RS

New owner here. A little about me: since I was a old enough to know what a car was, I have always wanted a Camaro. My dad had one in the 70's and from the pictures it looks like it was '69. My uncle also had one but I don't have any pictures to reference, I just remember it was yellow.

Late last month (July) a long time mechanic friend of mine needed some money and decided it was time to part with his '67 that he owned for 20 years. Before he even quoted a price I was already nodding my head. Just got it towed to my garage mid last week and finally got a chance to sit in it and make vrooom vroom sounds.

About the ride: Black exterior, black interior '67 with 327. Mostly original parts...some trim and minor parts missing. Interior is a bit gutted so there is work to be done there. Seats are good and carpet is good, just missing a lot of trim and radio stuff. Engine runs, or so I am told it will. It has been sitting for 6 years so I need to drain gas and all fluids, change fuel pump, oil and gas filter, probably coil, points etc...you know give a good old fashioned tune up. Then check for leaks and hopefully not have to replace a bunch of seals, gaskets, and or hoses. I did put a new battery in it and try to crank the engine, it cranked but didn't turn over. Thankfully because my friend rebuilt the engine himself he has agreed to help get it running with me.

Body is pretty clean, a few knicks here and there but for the most part in great condition and...drum roll...rust free (thank God). Plan to get it painted in the future and probably new rims / tires. I am still on the fence about the rims though as it has the originals.

My plans are to get it running (first and foremost) then daily drive it while upgrading or buying parts here and there. I'm not planning on turning it into a show car; just something I can have in my garage and show it off / drive with pride. I am excited and scared. Scared at how much money I am going to throw at it because this is going to be my new obsession and I will spare no expense. The good thing is I am patient and I want to take my time and enjoy fixing it up. I'm not looking to make a profit out of it, I just want it enjoy it for what it is... a badass piece of American muscle and history.

I'll get some pictures up soon, I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I'll be frequenting the site often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 14, 08:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bryon

Re: Just bought my dream project. '67 RS

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing the pics!

68 Camaro SS 396 - 468 BBC now, M21, 12 bolt 3.73 coded housing but w/ 3.31 gears.
Looking for 68 Camaro with body number NOR 181016
CRG -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 14, 09:59 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

You bought the correct year! Welcome! Pics?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 14, 11:41 AM
Senior Tech
T.C.

Welcome Dan!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 14, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Dan

Update with PIX. Sorry it took so long. Finally got it running. Had to replace most of the iginition parts (plugs, wires, points, cap) and drain the gas, oil change, fill with gas. But IT IS ALIVE!!! First stop was the shop as I noticed a lot of fluids leaking. Needed the tranny dropped and resealed, new oil pan, new water pump, new oil pump, new brakes all around, plus some things here and there electrically. It has been in the shop for the last month getting fixed up for safe daily driving.

Here is a small album of her. Pictures are a bit grainy. I'll get more when I get it back from the shop. Hopefully this week (according to my mechanic)!

Next up. New tires, alarm, radio and interior work (not shown).

http://imgur.com/a/4g88w
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 14, 04:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Garage

best of luck and congrats

I love it

1969 Camaro 350 EFI 200r4 342 Posi
1987 WE4 Turbo Regal E85
2003 Sierra Stepside RCSB Belltech dropped

MY BUILD THREAD:

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 14, 04:47 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

Very cool. I wish you the best! Congrats on your dream car. I just picked up a 68.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode