Hello from N.W. Georgia - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 14, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Bob

Hello from N.W. Georgia

Hello All, A little quick background on me first off, I'm a 55 yr old unemployed disabled Vet with schooling, training and experience in Auto Mechanics, Industrial Electricity/Electronics, HVAC, Machine Shop Technology and Welding. With all that experience/schooling/training I of course am not an expert in any of the fields but I do well in any and being unemployed I do a lot of freelance work. I recently started doing some work for a guy in town here that has a 1968 Camaro (I believe its a base model) that he has started on and wants me to finish it up. The body is stripped down and painted, front clip isn't on it, no interior in it, no glass in it, engine and tranny isn't in it, Its just a bare rolling shell but most of the stuff is there just needs to be put in LOL. He isn't expecting to make it into a big money Show Car but he does want it to be a very nice looking weekend driver, which is what brings me to you'all. I'll probably be asking lots of questions, looking for lots of information and ideas, tips and yes probably parts . Sorry to be long winded, I'm happy to be here, and we'll probably talk soon . Hope you have a good day. Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 14, 07:34 AM
Senior Tech
Ty

Re: Hello from N.W. Georgia

First, thank you for your service and I wish you luck in finding more promising work.

You came to right place for advise, etc. Lots of knowledge on this board. Be sure to post pictures of your build as it is much easier to help with something we can see.

Regards
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 14, 10:03 AM
Senior Tech
ray

Welcome. Glad to have you with us. If you need help you can find it here.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 14, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Bob

I just put some pics up of what I'm working on and the starting point it's at right now
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 14, 12:54 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

By the pictures it looks like a pretty solid start. Welcome to the gang and bring on the questions.

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 14, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Bob

Yes, from my understanding its got new doors, new trunk lid, new quarter panels, new floor pans, and new trunk pan so the body work is pretty much done. Now comes the hard part of reassembling everything without scratching the paint LOL. We have found some damage to the front sub frame and I'm trying to convince him of getting another from the classified section here and he's wanting to convert the front drums to disk. Aren't all disk brakes also power brakes? or have there been disk brakes without a power booster? . I need to redo all the wiring, emergency brakes, brake lines, fuel lines, dash just about everything and trying to do it on a low budget LOL . I'll try to keep ya'll informed on my progress . Thanks
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 14, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Bob, from one Vet to another, 'Thank you'.
Your first investment might be an AIM - Assembly Instruction Manual.
J50 is power brakes; J52 is power disc brakes - if Camaro was ordered with discs, power came with it.

You might post pictures in Build Projects.
Ask away, lots of knowledge here.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 14, 12:07 PM
Senior Tech
T.C.

Welcome Bob!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode