Hey guys and gals. I have come across this forum a few times when looking for some information and figured it is about time I joined since I will be undertaking my project very soon. Looks to me like there is a huge wealth of knowledge here. Although I know some of the work I have planned will have eyebrows raised at me an equal number of people will appreciate it. Basically it will be somewhat of a belly button pro-touring car with some touches to hopefully set it apart.
My project is a 69 Camaro that I picked up a couple of months ago in Ontario, after about 6 months of searching. I was fortunate enough to find something that had a very solid body and underside (it is undercoated which was a huge bonus when buying it!) as well as having an interior that is in great shape. I have a few small parts to replace (window crank handles, weatherstipping, mirrors, etc.) but most of it is minor and inexpensive. My major plans for the car include the following:
- Replacing the tired old 350 and automatic transmission with a new *I'mnotfullydecidedwhichoneyet* engine mated to a Tremec 6 speed
- Installing an Air Ride Technologies suspension
- Converting the front end to RS style headlights
- Disc brake conversion
- Reworking the interior gauges
- Exterior lighting upgrade to LED
- Reworking a few panel gaps and replacing the hood with a 2" cowl induction
- New paint (the paint on the car now is fine but will need to be redone in a few years)
Since I worked around cars when I was in high school I know a little and will be undertaking as much of this work as possible myself, all of it hopefully. I'm thinking it will take 2-3 winters to get everything done, considering winter is half the year for me, but will still have the car driveable for the summer. Welp, this was a novel and I know you guys just want pics now so here they are and thanks in advance for any help which I know I'll need!
I do not have any interior shots of it yet but will get some in a couple weeks when I start working on it.