new to site - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 15, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Tod

new to site

Hi gang. I'm going to look at, and possibly buy, a 67 Camaro RS/SS tomorrow if it is legit.I came here for knowledge and guidance oh obe one. The data tag says it's a 2EMG, 3SL, 4P. It's a project. I just want to know if it's an RS/SS before I buy and put time and money into it. I'm not an expert, but I wasn't sure if they put power glides in SS cars.
Thanks
Tod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 15, 09:50 PM
Team Member
Jerry

Re: new to site

Welcome.

69 SS/RS
565 BBC
Tremic 6 speed
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 15, 11:15 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Cool Re: new to site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod's Rodz View Post
Hi gang. I'm going to look at, and possibly buy, a 67 Camaro RS/SS tomorrow if it is legit ... came here for knowledge and guidance ...
The data tag says it's a 2EMG, 3SL, 4P. It's a project. I just want to know if it's an RS/SS before I buy ...
... wasn't sure if they put power glides in SS cars.
Thanks
Tod
First, welcome to Team CAMARO

And from just the few numbers from the Cowl Tag you listed we can 'confirm' that it (or at least that Cowl Tag) designates it as an RS/SS when assembled.

Decode would be:
Group 2 options;
E = RPO-C60 Air Conditioning system
M = RPO-M35 PowerGlide Automatic transmission they put them in SS's
G = RPO-D55 Console mounted shifter
Group 3 options;
S = RPO-Z23 Interior Décor - Custom Interior
L = RPO-Z22 Rally Sport package option
Group 4 options;
P = Engine Option Reinforcement or Radius Rod Modification ( read http://www.camaros.org/radiusrod.shtml for more info on this)

Looks like a nice base for a project if it's in decent condition.

Oh .. and if it happens to be a Tahoe Turquoise on Black w/Black top, that's been in SoCal nearly it's whole life, I just might have owned it back in the 70's
Lost track of it in the 90's ...

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 15, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Tod

Vintage68, funny you should ask. The car is an L-L code Tahoe Turquoise, however it has been painted butternut yellow. This car has been in Texas for 10+ years.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 15, 10:06 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Cool Re: new to site

This wouldn't by chance be the 67 Tahoe Turquoise car that just showed up in the classifieds on here would it ...

I always loved that color & combo with the Black Interior/Top/Stripes makes fr a killer look
Been on the lookout for another to do someday, I've already got the drivetrain ...

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 15, 09:05 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

Yes they put power-glide transmissions in SS cars. Be sure the car has a 12 bolt differential, you can tell if two bottom bolts are horizontal of each other. The engine should be a 350 or larger with chrome valve covers. The SS hood should have two grills on top. The RS option should have exterior chrome trim, lights below both front and rear bumpers and hideaway headlights.

Good luck with your project and welcome to the site.

Roger

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 15, 02:50 PM
Tess

Welcome and good luck! Let us know if we can help! I am your Alabama Neighbor

Tess aka Ms Quicktrick aka Ninja Nana
That's right!!! Nana carries power tools!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode