New from Houston Texas - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 15, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
John

New from Houston Texas

Hello All,
My Camaro is a 1968 convertible 327 / 210 hp that my father bought new. It was affectionately known to our friends and family as “Lil’ Red”. I have very fond memories of family cruises to watch fireworks on the 4th of July, drive-in movies and trips to Sonic for cherry limeades. Once when my brother and I were asked if we wanted a pool or keep Lil’ Red we looked at our parents as if they had asked if would sell a member of the family. No more discussion there. I also remember one of the few times I was allowed to borrow her for Homecoming and being busted being someplace that I wasn’t supposed to be. Good times and great memories.

In 2005 my mother passed away and my father decided to give Lil’ Red to me and my brother. We put her in storage for a long while and she sat. Finally, in 2013 my brother offered to sell his share to me for $7,500. Now she sits in my garage in unrestored condition. She runs but needs some attention. She has Drum brakes all around, a powerglide transmission (not original or numbers matching thanks to an unscrupulous transmission shop) and some minor body rust around the wheel wells. Quite frankly, she is fun to put around the neighborhood but not too comfortable for much else.

I have decided that I am going to make her fun to drive again. She is going to get the full LS engine swap, new Heidts front subframe, and independent rear suspension and the body rust will be fixed. It is certainly my most ambitious undertaking to date. It will be fun to share it all with you on the build forum and thanks in advance for any and all advice as I go along.

John “Lil’ Red”
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1230 (1).JPG
Views:	43
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	126025  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 15, 11:18 AM
Tech Team

Re: New from Houston Texas

Welcome to the forum

Looks like there's a lot of good memories with that car, can't put a price on that. That's a really awesome story John, thank you for sharing that with us.

Can't wait to see the new updates on "Lil' Red"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 15, 02:30 AM
Mike

Re: New from Houston Texas

Hello John and welcome to the family! We're happy to have you join us. Looks like you have a promising and exciting project there. Good luck with it and keep us updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chevy Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
327, convertible, ls swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode