Looking for z/28 1969 - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

4Likes
  • 1 Post By fdeady
  • 2 Post By bigblockragtop
  • 1 Post By bilodeaulynn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 16, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Steve

Looking for z/28 1969

New at this, but looking for 1969 z/28 Camaro.. Live in Wisconsin and have been looking for about 2 years plus. If any one has any leads would be appreciated..
Thanks Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 16, 02:53 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

Re: Looking for z/28 1969

Welcome, Steve! A '69 Z/28 is the most faked/clone car out there. Unless you are 100% sure you have the knowledge to distinguish between a clone and a real Z, make sure you get advice from the guys here about the authenticity of the car you are looking at.

Experience...... It's what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 16, 03:33 AM
Senior Tech
Camarodude67

Hi Steve, glad you made it hear....Good Talking to you...

Here is the real deal and has McNeish docs....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Ca...m=252420441129

Jeff G.
Hartford, CT

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 16, 05:36 AM
John

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodude67 View Post
Hi Steve, glad you made it hear....Good Talking to you...

Here is the real deal and has McNeish docs....

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 | eBay

Jeff G.
Hartford, CT
Read page 2 of Jerry's report. Lots of issues that will cost big money to correct on this overpriced Z28

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 16, 05:46 AM
Senior Tech
Camarodude67

Agreed just throwing it out there from a Real Z/28 perspective, maybe 49K?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 16, 05:49 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

Also note that Camaro Hi-Performance report is from June 2009. There may have been changes +/- since then. A newer appraisal is warranted before I'd make an offer. Fred
69Z-X77 likes this.

1969 Camaro SS 350 M20 12 bolt 3.55 posi Build date 3rd week of Sept 68 Cortez Silver
2002 SLP Camaro SS 35th Anniversary DOB 09/26/2001- Sold
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 16, 06:40 AM
Senior Tech
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by buenymayor View Post
Welcome, Steve! A '69 Z/28 is the most faked/clone car out there. Unless you are 100% sure you have the knowledge to distinguish between a clone and a real Z, make sure you get advice from the guys here about the authenticity of the car you are looking at.
X2. Definitely do your homework and learn everything there is to know. The guys that fake these cars are getting better all the time.

What are your parameters? will this be a show car? driver?

Looking for: Original spiral shocks- 3192477(front),3192851(rear)
-An original LOF soft ray windshield
-JIM EDELBROCK CHEVROLET items-Plymouth Michigan (1968-1970)
*looking for DZ block 19L503829 124379L503829
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 16, 07:31 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by buenymayor View Post
Agreed. Always do your homework. You can never go wrong with a Canadian sold car with GM of Canada documentation.

1969 Camaro X77 Z/28 Lemans Blue
1991 Camaro z28 1LE-R7U #58 Players Challenge
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 16, 08:30 AM
Senior Tech
mike

Pardon me for asking but why does it HAVE to be a real Z. I know it is fun to spend upwords of 60-100k for an old Camaro but then it is like driving a museum piece. It will most likely just sit in the garage with a cover over it. If you have that kinda dough just so you can say I got one then I guess that's great. Why not buy something you can actually drive and enjoy. All you others that own Z's please don't be offended.
VetteFreak and onefiness like this.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 16, 04:41 AM
Senior Tech
Camarodude67

Not offended, my 69 Z/28 sat in my garage and scared to death to drive it around here, drivers here are totally insane , texting Momma drama fools....

I picked up a 69 Firebird Convertible and drive it in the dirt, rain , so happy....

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 16, 06:20 AM
Banned
Chet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockragtop View Post
Pardon me for asking but why does it HAVE to be a real Z. I know it is fun to spend upwords of 60-100k for an old Camaro but then it is like driving a museum piece. It will most likely just sit in the garage with a cover over it. If you have that kinda dough just so you can say I got one then I guess that's great. Why not buy something you can actually drive and enjoy. All you others that own Z's please don't be offended.
Hallelujah! What made a Z a Z? A particular engine that can be built with a modern roller block and better heads? A four speed. If you're going manual wouldn't you want a five or six speed? Supposedly better handling than a stock Camaro? Please. Different upper control arms, ball joints, bushings, etc will make a much better handling car. You can do the same thing the factory did only better by installing what you want in the engine bay and on the suspension.

You don't want to pay real Z money for a non-Z car but be realistic as to what you want to do with the car. If you want to drive it daily, build a clone that will look like one but drive and perform much better. If you do sell it, call it what it is and don't misrepresent.

That being said, take a look at Heartbeat City's website. Jim always has nice cars for sale and he documents the hell out of them. He has two right now. One is a cross ram car, the other is not.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 16, 07:19 AM
John

Garage

I guess the 1st thing is why do you want a Z?

Lots of newer to the Camaro hobby are aware of the mystique of the 1st Gen Z28 without really knowing very much about them other then the way they look. Don't know how many times I pull into a station and someone asks me if the car is a Z28? Even if it a SS or Plain Jane. Sometimes even if it's a convertible.

Zs are not the best street cars. Never were. They are solid lifter high reving motors without much low end torque.

So is the look you're after, the performance (as mentioned above it's easy to get way better performance) or just being able to say "I have a real Z28"?

For me I drive my cars. Would never just park and cover a car no matter a Z or any other "rare" car. I mean drive them. You won't break them and if you do you can fix them.

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 16, 04:57 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Sonny

Garage

Steve, I think you need to be a little more specific in terms of what kind of Z you are looking for. You have been looking for 2 plus years and still have not found the right one? I can think of dozens that have been for sale in that time you could have purchased. Are you looking for a car with original drivetrain and documentation, or a driver as long as it was born a real Z but has a non OE engine etc.

1969 Z28 (Sold)
1970 Z28 (Sold)
1970 RS Z28 Camaro (Green)

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 16, 06:09 PM
Senior Tech
Tom Anderson

Garage

There are a lot of real and fake Z28s for sale , I use to have a real one and after all the hype they are not worth it IMO. I can build a much better 67-69 camaro for much less that would leave a Z28 in the weeds. These days for me it's only 67-68 Rally sports because they have the look and it's easy to build the rest,Just my option
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 16, 08:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Lynn

Why is this guy getting grief for wanting a "real Z"?

Steve: if you want a real Z, and you can afford a real Z, buy a real Z. My Z/28 is real, and I still drive it. I have it insured on a classic policy, so if the crazy "texting Momma drama" T bones me, I will be justly compensated. I take it places from time to time and the first question is ALWAYS: "is it a real Z?"

Something special about a real Z. Now, as others have stated, yes you can have just as good of a DRIVING experience without purchasing a real Z. However, if you WANT a real Z, will you have just as good of an OWNERSHIP experience? Only you can answer that. The guys that "pooh pooh" the Z, are the guys that don't have one. There are other first gen Camaros that I would like to own. I don't run them down, or give every reason why I don't want one, just because I don't have one.

Having said all of that, if you want a real Z, and you like fathom green, I know where one is; great owner, had it on the market a while back at $50k. Nice car, but it is NOT the original engine, but it is a correct DZ 302 in a real Z/28 that came from the factory as a real Z/28. Owner's name is Sam. PM me and I will put you in touch.

Also, if you buy from HBC (and I have bought a few things from HBC dating back to 1997) you WILL pay a premium. And... there is no such thing as a "CROSS RAM CAR" from the factory. It is nothing more than a regular Z with an added a cross ram. Don't pay a premium for such a car. Did the Z/28 handle better than a regular SS from the factory in 1969? Absolutely. It didn't have a bigger sway bar, but had different springs, and sat lower. Can you do better today? Absolutely. For most guys that want a real Z, it is about the nostalgia.
Rarerat likes this.

Lynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode