Lt. Will A7 - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 16, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Will

Lt. Will A7

Greetings fellow Camaro enthusiasts. I am new to Camaros.net so please forgive me if I stub my toe learning the ins and outs of the website. I am the fortunate owner of a stone stock 67 RS with a documented 30,000 miles on the clock and a 275 hp 327 under the bonnet. Just had the car repainted last winter using the two stage base coat/clear coat process. Got lucky and snagged the car at an estate sale that included a collection of 28 Camaros. I have a powerglide pushing a 2:73 gear set (can't have everything I guess) . I am in early 60s and retired after 30 years of wearing a Sheriff's badge. Pulled the pin as a Lieutenant / chief of homicide/chief deputy coroner so the cars that have been a hobby in the past are now high priority. Married with 3 children and 7 (8 in January 2017) grandchildren all of which are girls. Their personalities run from dainty princess material to probable future cage fighter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 16, 02:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Sonny

Garage
Re: Lt. Will A7

Hey Will, welcome to Team Camaro and it sounds like a nice car...make sure you post some pics. Estate sale with 28 Camaros, wow that is crazy and I thought I had an issue collecting these cars

1969 Z28 (Sold)
1970 Z28 (Sold)
1970 RS Z28 Camaro (Green)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 16, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Will

Thanks for the welcome note. Perhaps you could help me or direct me on how to post an engine I have for sale. It is a 69 DZ block 302 that was removed by my cousins husband and replaced by a 427. He is building a pro-street car. Personally I would have left the car alone as it is in primo condition but he is 22 and I am 62 so what do I know about building cars? Thanks. Will.

Detective Lt. Will, Chief of Homicide/ Chief Deputy Coroner: RETIRED AFTER 32 years.

67 Camaro RS /327 -275 hp
Powerglide to 2:73 rear gears
Black vinyl over Ermine White
30,000 documented mile survivor
Second owner. P.O.P car.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 16, 03:56 PM
DT
Gold Lifetime Member
Donny

Garage

Welcome Will, you will soon find out that this is a great site that is loaded with tons of info for the Camaro enthusiast.

1969 X66 396 LeMans Blue, M20, 373 (Sold)
1969 Convertible LS3 TKO 600, 373
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 16, 03:58 PM
DT
Gold Lifetime Member
Donny

Garage

Here is a link to the classified section: Team Camaro Classifieds - All Years - Parts for Sale

1969 X66 396 LeMans Blue, M20, 373 (Sold)
1969 Convertible LS3 TKO 600, 373
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 16, 04:36 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Pat

Check your in box , pm sent

1988 Players Challenge Camaro #88Tony Morris
1988 Players Challenge Trans Am 1 of 20
1969 Chevy C-10 LS 6 spd
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 16, 06:07 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Welcome Will. I'm sure you will settle in just fine here.

Brian

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 16, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Will
Enjoy your new journey.
Stop in and ask, plenty of help here.
Just a warning, you will get gigged for pictures.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 16, 07:39 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

It's always great to see another 67 owner on the site. Welcome to TC.

Roger

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 16, 07:52 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerh View Post
It's always great to see another 67 owner on the site. Welcome to TC.

Roger
hear, hear!

Welcome aboard, Will! I look forward to the photos.

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Will

Pics will be coming as soon as I finish some repairs on age related items. Nothing major, some trunk weatherstrip, new fuel lines, carb rebuild and yet another attempt using a new system from Classic Industries to get the headlight doors to function reliably. New kit does away with the four stop switches, relays under the left front fender and all the spaghetti wiring that goes with it. Classic advertises that there are only two wires on their kit. One goes to the headlight relay near the radiator and the other is a ground that goes to left fender on bolt that has battery ground wire attached. Supposedly the drive motors have internal micro switches to stop and start and doors open with lights on and close when lights are shut off. Like most of you I want to keep this low mileage survivor as original as possible but I also like to see where the road is at night and existing setup will close the doors intermittently while driving which virtually leaves you in the dark at speed. Also detailing the engine bay in preparation for August Goodguys in Pleasanton so the hood is presently off to give me some access without banging my head. Take care and please drive safely. Seat belts on, cell phones off.

Detective Lt. Will, Chief of Homicide/ Chief Deputy Coroner: RETIRED AFTER 32 years.

67 Camaro RS /327 -275 hp
Powerglide to 2:73 rear gears
Black vinyl over Ermine White
30,000 documented mile survivor
Second owner. P.O.P car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
275 hp 327, 67 rs, powerglide.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode