Another new member - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 16, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Marc

Another new member

Hi all!

I am happy to be here and wanted to say hello. I have been away from Camaro ownership for quite a while but have always been a fan. I very recently purchased my second first gen. My first Camaro was a 69 250 six car that had a 327 with a Muncie 4sp in it. Having wanted a first gen since before I could drive, (I am in my 40s now so that was a while ago) I finally bought my first Camaro in my late 30s. That car was fun but completely worn out and rusty when I bought it. I ended up selling it because I had another serious restoration project I was working on and it was getting overwhelming.
The second car I recently purchased, I bought as a "real" 69 SS350. It is very nice, mostly very original and extremely solid and turned out to have a numbers matching engine and transmission. It is an L65 Camaro not a real SS though. I don't much care as I love the car and plan on keeping this one hopefully forever.
Thanks for reading my long-winded first post!

Marc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 16, 06:01 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Re: Another new member

Welcome to Team Camaro. Send us photos and questions. Always a pleasure on viewing others with First Gen Camaros.

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 16, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Mark.
Congrats on the buy and enjoy the ride.
Pictures would be nice

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 16, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Marc

Thanks guys! I was just getting ready to load a couple of pictures

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 16, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Marc

Thanks guys! I was just getting ready to load a couple of pictures

If these are too big, I might have to add smaller pictures later. My car is now Hugger Orange and black with a black standard interior. Originally it was champagne (63) with a brown vinyl top (F) and a dark green interior. Hmmmm, interesting combination.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 16, 12:50 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Welcome to TC nice lookin' ride

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 25th, 16, 03:39 PM
Fernando

Welcome to the club. You have a very nice car and I enjoyed reading your introduction. It seems your car already has fans. (in the second picture, there is someone photographing your car)

1969 RS Camaro V8 X-11
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 16, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Marc

Thank you for the kind words! I already love the car. It is solid and needs so much less work than the cars I am used to bringing home. The goofy guy in the photos taking pictures has been my best friend, other than my wife of course, since high school. He has a beautiful 68 RS/SS clone that he has owned for about ten years. I really need to get him to join the forum. He is the kind of guy who makes sure the words on the plug wires all face the same way and the valve stems are in the same location in relation to the raised white letters on each tire. To say he is detail-oriented would be an understatement and his work is top shelf. He and I have been through a couple of serious restorations. We restored a couple of Mustangs, some very rare and my 1972 De Tomaso Pantera. I had a 71 Dart that were were restoring but I had an offer I couldn't refuse on that car as we were working on it from a guy driving past my garage. That was a first! Anyway, we are already working on the Camaro as there are a few things that need a little attention but nothing serious. This one is definitely a keeper and will be a permanent part of the family. My collection is almost complete!
What I know so far is that the car was built in the Norwood facility during the last week of August 1969. The partial vin is stamped near the oil filter and the partial vin is also stamped on the upper edge of the transmission bell housing near the block casting (3970010). The block was cast at the Tonawanda foundry on August 19th and it has an HD suffix. The transmission is a TH350. It has factory air and console without gauges (rosewood trim). It looks like the engine was recently rebuilt and has had an Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold and Rochester Quadrajet carb installed. There is no return fuel line. The car does have front disk brakes and dual exhaust but I do not see a doubler plate on the frame on the driver's side, nor does it have the brake valve on the subframe on the driver's side. It has multileaf (5 leaf) springs that appear to be original. I am almost positive the rear leaf spring are the originals. The confusing part is it has a 12 bolt in it. The code on the axle tube is "BS" translating to a 3.31 limited slip? The casting date on the rear is significantly earlier (by a couple of months) than the car suggesting it might have been installed later. It has the casting number 389486ONF on the rear diff as well. I also noticed it has the mono leaf rear shock perches. I wonder if these were changed as well? Thoughts? I will try to ask these questions in the appropriate forums as well.

Thank you!
Marc

Last edited by MCL65; Aug 26th, 16 at 07:21 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 16, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Marc

I should say by rear mono leaf shock perches, I mean rear leaf spring plates. Mine has what looks like mono leaf plates instead of the flat multi leaf plates with the special bolt that holds the lower rear shock to the mount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode