G'Day! - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 16, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Luke

Garage
G'Day!

Hi Guys, thought I better give an intro, I'm from Western Australia and have a couple of projects on the go, the main one being a '69 Pro-Tourer that I imported from NY around a year ago, when it arrived I stripped it to give it a freshen up and I'm now in the final stages getting it ready for rego...

For any Aussies on here the other project is a '68 Holden HK Panelvan...

Cheers

Zappa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 16, 10:46 AM
Senior Tech
Ty

Re: G'Day!

Awesome...welcome to the board. Post up some pics and lets see your addiction.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 16, 09:56 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Larry

Welcome to TC! Yes, we like pictures.

68 RS Coupe 355/350 TH, Detroit Speed, Hotchkis, Vintage Air, 8.5" 3.42 posi 10-bolt, MagnaFlow 2 1/2" exhaust, etc.

"The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men."
Samuel Adams

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 16, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Luke

Garage
Thumbs up Re: G'Day!

No worries, here's a couple of the car just after I bought it, among other things its running a fresh 502 Ramjet, TKO600 5-speed and a Moser Tru-trac 9'

I actually need to get some new shots with a decent camera, this is the only one I have since its been back together, I will get some of the interior etc as well....

The New York licence plates are only staying until I get the licensing completed here which can a bit challenging compared to the US, but should be done within the next 2-3weeks assuming I don't hit any roadblocks from D.O.T, I do love driving around west oz with the New York plates though, they get a bit of attention
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 16, 02:23 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Welcome Luke .. gotta say great looking car !
How about some interior pics and a pic of that 68' Holden you've got going

Cheers
Steve

Steve
69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-FORCE LS7, DSE Sub, T56 MAG, Recaro, Wilwood disc, Racepak IQ3S, SpeedTech TA/JRI CO's, Pro-Venom 250s, Forgeline CV3C 20/19 - SOLD
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 16, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Luke

Garage

Thanks Steve!

Here are a couple of the Van before it was stripped down, given I won't do a thread on this car i figured I would provide some background for those that are interested

Im not really sure of what the US equivalent of these would be? but Aussie Panelvan's (a.k.a Shaggin Wagon) were based on a ute body with walkthrough cabin (Aussie utes weren't trucks, they were more like an El Camino/Ford Ranchero), they were smaller than a Bedford/Delivery van but bigger than a station wagon...they had a big cult following in the 60's, 70's 80's but unfortunately they stopped being made in the late 80's/early 90's (some background on them here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panel_van_(Australia)) as with anything that is killed off, it just made the cult following bigger.

As far as the specs go its pretty much the opposite to the Camaro, its running a little Holden 4.9L V8 (304ci), still standard stroke but is heavily worked backed by a Turbo 350, 5k stall, 9' 4:11 & Full Spool. Last pass it ran an 11.14 1/4 mile with a shocking 60-ft time which isn't bad for a car thats shaped like a bus photo below.

Unfortunately when it was off getting some more custom body work and paint done the bodyshop owner got himself a "Bad Habit" and went broke and the car came back in much worse condition than when it went in.....its back on track now and its off to the new bodyshop in 3 weeks time to get the metalwork finished, get the damage repaired and then get a fresh re-spray.

The plan this time is to change it up a little bit, I wanted to do a "Pro-touring Style" build however realistically you will never see this thing get around a corner quickly let alone to a race track so I have dubbed the new style "Pro-Cruiser" instead it will be dropped it to the ground, running a full custom IFS and currently thinking ShockWaves up front and AiroverLeaf in the rear, also taking it back to nice clean body lines (the bonnet has been replaced with an original), a big set of wheels and full new interior, the motor has been freshened up and converted a twin throttle body EFI setup and theres a bunch of other bits and pieces to go on as well.......one of the biggest benefits i found out while doing the Camaro is that a large number of the parts are interchangeable so a few Camaro parts will make an appearance on the van for sure.

Had to include this hilarious video from the 70's just to top it off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode