Doesnt anyone like 50-60K in cash anymore? - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 16, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Tim

Doesnt anyone like 50-60K in cash anymore?

I have cold cash ready to hand to any person that has a nice 67/68 convertible for sale,,doesnt anyone out there like 50-60K in cash anymore??

1967 RS/SS Coupe, Factory A/C, 2nd owner, original paint -Taho Turquoise 3 Spd on the floor, bench seat, fold down rear seat

1967 RS Convertible Factory A/C, PS, PB PG 327
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 16, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: Doesnt anyone like 50-60K in cash anymore?

Apparently not, I had an opportunity in carrying $18K to an original Camaro owner on the day of his choice and he replied he was not going to do business with me.
I asked why and he replied I was more interested in the Camaro than the negotiations.
I took it as a sign his Camaro was not for me.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 16, 03:28 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

some things money just can't buy

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 16, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Tim

there are some unique individuals out there,,for sure
larryh56 likes this.

1967 RS/SS Coupe, Factory A/C, 2nd owner, original paint -Taho Turquoise 3 Spd on the floor, bench seat, fold down rear seat

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 16, 05:07 AM
Senior Tech
mike

In your WTB thread you asked for one that is numbers matching. That is tough to come by. Mine was a 6 cylinder 3 on the tree when it started life. I did not want numbers matching because I like to put my foot in in it now and then. It is now a 496 with a small Procharger, 6 speed standard and Ford 9 with discs all around. Cars like mine can be obtained for less than numbers matching but it is not an investment it is a toy that holds it's value.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 16, 05:56 AM
John

Garage

Cash, check, wire transfer. It's all the same money to me.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 16, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Tim

I dont want a resto rod,, I want a nice original car

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 16, 06:35 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Darin

Maybe the owner wants 65-70K in cash instead ?
Joe Harrison likes this.

1968 Butternut Coupe,
421" Dart SHP block
TKO 600 RR
Dutchman 9" w/3.70
Speedtech torque arm,Ridetech HQ coilovers
Global West arms
Budnik wheels

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 16, 06:38 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niblet View Post
... I want a nice original car
Does that mean you are not considering restored cars?
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 16, 08:08 AM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
I dont want a resto rod,, I want a nice original car

You could be asking for the world in regard to coming to this site and wanting to buy a "nice original" first gen. I have had a few and even though todays market is not what it used to be I think you will find most people on this site with those type of cars are not going to sell for a low price. Original cars get harder and harder to find as each day passes. If I had another completely untouched original and very nice first gen ( my last car like that was a 69 SS396 Chevelle) there I is now way I would sell it for that amount. The Chevelle I had went for substantially more than 60K.

I am sure people like that amount of cash but for most members here it's not going to be enough to buy one. Your going to find the majority here are enthusiast and would rather keep their first gens and a lot of times cash offers are not much of a concern. I hope you find one and it sounds like you know what you want and you defiantly have budget, those are excellent places to start.......keep looking and I hope you know what your looking at inspection wise because there are loads of scammers out there. This site can really help you research a Camaro if you do find anything.
Happy hunting....the hunt is part of the excitement !!

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 16, 10:21 AM
Senior Tech
Karl

Garage

Quote:
I have cold cash ready to hand to any person that has a nice 67/68 convertible for sale,,doesnt anyone out there like 50-60K in cash anymore??
Maybe it has something to do with the mistrust in paper money. There are some real good printers out there than can reproduce good lookin' phony money, so you'd better be aware before accepting a bunch of paper from someone. Seller beware

Karl / VetteFreak
69 Camaro RS 350/350TH...Burgundy...711-Black Int/Houndstooth Seats
2007 Corvette Conv. LS-2/A6...Monterey Red/Black Top & Int
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 16, 10:33 AM
John

Garage

So to clarify.

Do you want and original unrestored or a #s match restored car?

Lots of variables that determine present day cost.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 16, 12:30 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteFreak View Post
Maybe it has something to do with the mistrust in paper money. There are some real good printers out there than can reproduce good lookin' phony money, so you'd better be aware before accepting a bunch of paper from someone. Seller beware
Good advice. There isn't anything wrong with a cashiers check from a bank. It's basically the same as cash but with better insurance.

1969 SS Garnet Red X55 350 Factory 4 speed
12 Bolt 3.55 Posi
461 BBC TKO600
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 16, 01:02 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 69 View Post
There isn't anything wrong with a cashiers check from a bank. It's basically the same as cash but with better insurance.
Not to get too off-topic, but it's not the same as cash. I've been through this on several occasions with my local bank when selling cars. It's still a check, so it still takes time for it to 'clear'. Cashier's checks / certified checks / bank checks can all be faked.
jumpstart, 69L48Z27 and pittpens24 like this.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 16, 01:57 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Will

Hi guys: Wow is this post ever going all over the place. Felix has $60K " cash" and is looking for a car that may or may not exist and counterfeiting enters the thread? ?? It is not my intent here to upset of offend anyone but everyone including Felix needs to count to ten and start over. Felix: sad but true, folks out there looking for specific cars can and are duped every day by cunning snake oil salesmen and not everyone is a guy named Richard who swills beer as a second job while hosting a reality TV show promoting a great ape and walking around with $100K in his pocket tossing cars. Likewise there are lots of good folks out there like yourself who draw some large amounts of cash from their accounts in the belief that sellers can't resist some flash in their face. Very very few members here buy and sell on a whim and a handshake. There is much homework to be done on classics before money changes hands and a fair amount of negotiating. I recently purchased a running driving 68 from out of state that I visited 3 times before striking a deal. How did the money get turned into keys in my hand when the time finally came? I went to a title company and opened an escrow account with the seller. It took about a week but that eliminated the funny money aspect of the sale and yielded a clear title to the car I was buying.

Felix: we all want you to have the car of your dreams but as the saying goes, caveat emptor. Let the buyer beware. You seem to be looking for one of the rarest classics out there and I can guarantee you there are plenty of plate switchers out there who will give you your dream, take your money and let your dream melt into a nightmare. Try to understand that your initial post at first blush projects that you seek a car that someone has already sunk $60 or $70K into essentially asking them to give you the car for free and disregarding the time and money put into it. Ask yourself, the question in reverse and what would your answer be.

Unfortunately there just are not that many of they car you are looking for out there that are -100,000 mile survivors in good condition.

I think the only way you are going to find your car is at Barret -Jackson or Mecum. They advertise in advance cars that are coming on the docket giving you the chance to do your homework before laying down your hard earned cash. As a bonus buying that way virtually eliminates a sham as both houses thoroughly vette their merchandise befor letting it roll across the line. As a bonus you can buy a car in this manner from the comfort of your own home via the Internet.

I sincerely hope I have offended none by my post and am speaking with the experience of working 7 years undercover for my County auto theft task force along with being a gearhead in love with American Iron and muscle since I was 10 which was 53 years ago.

Best wishes to all and Felix, my strongest wishes for you to find the car that makes you happy. WILL

Detective Lt. Will, Chief of Homicide/ Chief Deputy Coroner: RETIRED AFTER 32 years.

67 Camaro RS /327 -275 hp
Powerglide to 2:73 rear gears
Black vinyl over Ermine White
30,000 documented mile survivor
Second owner. P.O.P car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode