New member from Sweden - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 16, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Probationer
Patrik

New member from Sweden

A couple of weeks ago I swapped my Model A hot rod for a -68 Camaro, and now I'm here to get some knowledge and learn about Camaros

Right now I'm working on getting the car road legal here in Sweden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 16, 10:36 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
Re: New member from Sweden

Welcome to TC.

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 16, 05:56 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Patrik,
Welcome to TC. I hope your new Camaro gets reasonable gas mileage. isn't gas in Sweden about 50 Kr? That's like about US$5.50.

'69 Z/28, Lemans Blue/White Stripes, DZ302, Tremec Magnum, 4.10, Procar Elite Seats,
Custom Upholstery, Dynatech headers, 17" VWW V45's, 235/45, 275/40, C5 Front Brakes

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 16, 08:37 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Larry

Welcome to TC! You picked a great year! There is a TON of information on this site so I would start reading and ask questions when you can't find answers.

Oh yeah - post up some pics!

68 RS Coupe 355/350 TH, Detroit Speed, Hotchkis, Vintage Air, 8.5" 3.42 posi 10-bolt, MagnaFlow 2 1/2" exhaust, etc.

"The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men."
Samuel Adams
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 16, 01:11 AM
Senior Tech
Hakan

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry68 View Post
A couple of weeks ago I swapped my Model A hot rod for a -68 Camaro, and now I'm here to get some knowledge and learn about Camaros

Right now I'm working on getting the car road legal here in Sweden.
Välkommen, Patrik!
Vi är några svenska här på forumet så det är bara att köra på! Kolla tex in mitt ZL-1 bygge på: https://www.camaros.net/forums/133-bu...es-zl-1-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcz28 View Post
Patrik,
Welcome to TC. I hope your new Camaro gets reasonable gas mileage. isn't gas in Sweden about 50 Kr? That's like about US$5.50.
It's even worse.....
The best you can get is $6 per gallon for 95 oct, $7 for 98!
Normal pricing right now is $6,70 for 95 and $7,15 for 98.....

1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 16, 05:43 AM
Senior Tech
Chick

Garage

Welcome Patrik and a congratulations on joining the 68 Camaro's Club. Since you have to work to have it road worthy in Sweden I'm assuming you purchased it out of the country. Please give some information about the car and post a couple pictures.
Just finished our 68 this past June.......

Chick
68, 69, & 2015 Z/28's
69 Nova's L34 Father/Son & L78 Surv purch-new
67, 68, & 2015 Z06 Corvettes
Our 68Z Restoration
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 16, 10:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Niclas

Garage

Welcome to the best 1 gen Camaro site in the World.
Here you can ask questions about everything from 6 banger to COPO / Dealer install 427 Camaros.
Original, Project. Modified or Rebuilt.
These guys have the answer.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 16, 11:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Welcome aboard Mate. How far are you from Stavanger Norway?

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 16, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
Patrik

Hi all, and thanks for the warm welcome!

The car is from the Netherlands, but it was never registered there. The guy who owned it bought it from LA. Supposedly it has seen some track action over there - there's holes in the floor from a roll bar and I found some pieces of a 4 point harness in it.

It's got Corvette C5 brakes, QA1 shocks, swaybars front/back and polyurethane bushings. Driveline: a 350 zz4 block with GM performance heads, Edelbrock carb + intake and Hedman headers, don't know anything about the cam. Moving rearwards there's a Lakewood bellhousing with unknown clutch and then a 5 spd Richmond, it all ends up with a 10 bolt rear end (which needs rebuilding, it's sounds like an old bus).

It's far from mint, and it's got scars and bruises but it really doesn't bother me.

When I had it in for inspection to get it road legal, the guys at the station couldn't find the engine number to identify the engine. I didn't think of that before I went there, otherwise I would've googled that in advance, and told them that the no. is in the back of the engine. So now I have to go back so they can check that... sigh.

I'm also having a decal made to convert the speedo to kph, they didn't like my label maker stickers on the speedo glass.

Anyhow, the car is really fun to drive and I'm really looking forward to the spring/summer (Swedish winters aren't for Camaros).

Here's a kinda crappy pic of the car in my garage:

Quid, Me Anxius?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 16, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
Patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdld17 View Post
Welcome aboard Mate. How far are you from Stavanger Norway?
I'm pretty far from Stavanger, that's on the norwegian west coast and I'm on the swedish east coast, I guess it's at least 450-500 miles.

Quid, Me Anxius?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 16, 02:08 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry68 View Post
I'm pretty far from Stavanger, that's on the norwegian west coast and I'm on the swedish east coast, I guess it's at least 450-500 miles.
I just thought I would ask as on a oil drilling platform out of Stavanger in my early days. I looked it up and I see it's totally on the opposite side of the land continent .

Anyway, Your photo does not look that bad , in fact the car looks good. Send us your questions as we have many guys here on this site almost day and night.

Adios.

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode