Long Time Reader... Now A New Member! - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 17, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage
Long Time Reader... Now A New Member!

Hello Everyone at Team Camaro!

I am a long time reader... and now a new member!
I first wanted to say "Thanks!!!" to everyone that contributes to this forum and shares their knowledge. When I first started to mess with cars (a long time ago), my best source of information was my friendís older brother, and some car magazines. The members at Team Camaro have been an invaluable resource for the many projects I have completed throughout these past years. We are very lucky to have such talented and experienced members who take the time and try to help us all!

The Team Camaro Forum has helped me with a Dart 400 small block stroker build, front suspension rebuild using Del-a-lum control arm bushings (I didn't even know about Delrin until I read about it on this site), close-ratio steering box upgrade, subframe connectors, and updated to an 2004R overdrive transmission. Heck... I even did my own front end alignment in my garage with the information I learned on this forum. This forum has given me so much... and now that I am a member, I hope that I am able to help others with the experience I have gained. I am now on to my 12 bolt rebuild and rear suspension upgrade!

P.S. I do own a 74 Chevy Nova Custom (owned since 1978). I know this is a Camaro Forum, but my Nova is kinda a cousin to the first generation Camaro (as many of the suspension components are similar).

It may be my opinion, but I believe the experienced contributors to this forum have been "dead on" with their advice and suggestions. The knowledge I have gained from this forum has saved me a huge amount of time, effort, and money with completing the projects listed above (... my wife may disagree with the "saving money" part!)

Thanks again to all of the members that make this forum such a great site!!!
Mike (oldschoolchevy)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 17, 08:40 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Re: Long Time Reader... Now A New Member!

Mike - Welcome to the Team. You are in great company with Nova in the stable as many members here are with you.
A lot of people forget that parts for Nova and Chevy II's fit as well as other standard GM trim and replacement parts.

Searching for the part using Z28 or Camaro in the search guarantees a couple things. Higher prices and short stock. Looking for parts based on part number or generically as 1969 GM widget = two dollars part #GM1234. Pull the same search 1969 Camaro widget = eighty dollars part #GM1234 NOS! RARE BUY NOW
LOL

Enjoy the ride and thanks for the kind words about the community that hangs around here.

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 4th, 17, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage
Re: Long Time Reader... Now A New Member!

Hello Brian,
Thank you for the warm welcome!
I am looking forward to participating in the TC forum.
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode