85 cal iroc - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 18, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
Dan

85 cal iroc

Does anyone have any info about the 1985 California promotional package Iroc z28? My father bought one new. I own it now. Ive been told this car doesnt exist. I have the original window sticker. Says "California promotional package" towards the end of options list. Funny, they credited him 75 dollars for not putting on those huge door stickers.
Sure could use some help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 18, 11:22 AM
Apprentice
Charley

Re: 85 cal iroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal IROC View Post
Does anyone have any info about the 1985 California promotional package Iroc z28? My father bought one new. I own it now. Ive been told this car doesnt exist. I have the original window sticker. Says "California promotional package" towards the end of options list. Funny, they credited him 75 dollars for not putting on those huge door stickers.
Sure could use some help
Yes I also own a 1985 "California" IROCZ. They are very rare. I have a registry of 22 others that I have located and would like to get your Vin# to add to the list. I will PM you a link to my thread on thirdgen.org it has the information your looking for. I've also located many other interesting facts about these IROCZs. Send me a PM at that site with your Vin# so I can add it to the registry.

Thanks.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 18, 01:51 PM
Apprentice
Charley

Try this link to my thread about the "California" IROCZ .It says I don't have enough posts to give you the link in this message.
Try going to thirdgen.org and search this thread.

What is the RPO code Z5V on my 1985 1C5 IROC?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 18, 01:53 PM
Apprentice
Charley

I have had it there for 11 years. I also have it listed on Camarosource and Camaro Club.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 18, 02:17 PM
Apprentice
Charley

I just tried to send you a personal message, but it won't let me do that either! So I'll put it here.

Hello Cal IROC,
Today is my first time on this web site. I found it as I was searching for 1985 California IROCs. It won't let me list a link to thirdgen's web site. If you go there search out this topic.

What is the RPO code Z5V on my 1985 1C5 IROC?

My user name on there is. yo soy el warg

Is your car red or black? T-top or hard top? What options does it have? What is the mileage on your car? You must have Z5V and 1C5 to be genuine Cal IROC. The 1C5 is the credit for the deletion of stripes, hood louvers, rear spoiler, and TPI badges on the rear bumper. These cars were all made the third week of May 1985 in batches of about 30-100 at a time right along with the other IROCs on the assembly line. Send me your Vin# and I'll send you a list of the others I have found. I've also found a video about these cars and a couple of books they are in. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Take care,
Charley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode