2019 Chevrolet Camaro Gets a Questionable Refresh - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By stamatisg1977
  • 1 Post By Vega

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 18, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

2019 Chevrolet Camaro Gets a Questionable Refresh

Quote:
The 2019 Chevrolet Camaro has made its official debut, and while the muscle carís looks are certainly new, weíre not so convinced they have been improved.

Thatís okay, though, because looks are subjective and Chevy has indeed made some positive changes to its two-door muscle coupe for 2019. The 6.2-liter V8 powered Camaro SS now has the automakerís 10L80E 10-speed automatic transmission, replacing the eight-speed automatic in the 2018 model year car.

The much-loved 1LE package has now also been extended to the 2.0-liter turbocharged Camaro. The Turbo 1LE, as itís being called, features larger front and rear stabilizer bars, stiffer rear bushings, summer only tires, a Brembo brake package, a sueded flat bottom steering wheel and shift knob and available Recaro seats. Thereís also a drive-select mode with Sport, Track and Competition settings. The 2.0-liter engine remains unchanged, producing 275 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.
Read more about the 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Gets a Questionable Refresh at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 18, 04:45 PM
Senior Tech
-

I think Chevrolet missed the mark ( again) with this design...

Now we have to still hope they sell enough of them to have any hope for a 7th gen?

Looking for: Original spiral shocks- 3192477(front),3192851(rear)
-An original LOF soft ray windshield
-JIM EDELBROCK CHEVROLET items-Plymouth Michigan (1968-1970)
*looking for DZ block 19L503829 124379L503829
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 18, 05:43 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steven

Idk. Now it just looks generic.
Took styling cues from malibu and cruze.

Thank god i own a first gen
ckaram likes this.

69 Frost Green Camaro
LS3 with TSP stage 3 cam
Tremec TKO 600
Moser 12 bolt rear with ford ends 3.73:1 Eaton tru trac differential
Speedtech pro touring subframe
Ridetech rear 4-Link

Follow my journey here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 18, 05:47 PM
John

Garage
Re: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Gets a Questionable Refresh

Itís hard for us 1st Gen enthusiasts to embrace but these are bada** cars that perform incredibly well and the creature comforts are very nice.
rtchaney likes this.

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 18, 05:10 AM
Team Member
Ray

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
Itís hard for us 1st Gen enthusiasts to embrace but these are bada** cars that perform incredibly well and the creature comforts are very nice.
I'll agree that I had a problem embracing them back in 2010. At the time, I thought it wasn't 1st Gen-retro enough!

Now after riding in and driving a 2016 that belongs to a son of my friend, I agree they are much faster, handle better and very comfortable to drive. And that's a 6cyl!

That said, I do have a problem with the grille design on the 2019. In comparison to the 2010 and later years, the one shown above does look too generic or non-Camaro. That middle bar should be body color and they should reduce the grille area, it's too overwhelming and doesn't match the subtle side body design anymore.

If I wanted one now, I would definitely look for a 2010 - 2016.

'68 rs/SS 350 M-21 posi
numbers matching
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 18, 05:43 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Purchasing my retirement car is getting difficult. If I could build my dream car it would have the front end of the 2010 6 cyl and the tail lights of a 2015 LT. Haven't decided coupe or convert yet. In spite of that 10 speed automatic with launch control I don't see a 2019 in my future

Jeff
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 18, 06:38 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brett

Garage

I was hoping that for the 50th anniversary of the 69, they would have incorporated the flattened rear wheel opening to emulate the one year only styling that made the 69 unique. The 1969 model year still remains the only year that incorporates this styling cue, so I guess it's not a bad thing that they didn't do it. I just think it would have been a nice subtle "Old School" migration.

Brett.....

1969 SS 396 X66 - RS Conversion - TKO600 - 3.73 Posi - Paint Code 71-LeMans Blue
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 18, 09:28 AM
Team Member
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwiz View Post
I'll agree that I had a problem embracing them back in 2010. At the time, I thought it wasn't 1st Gen-retro enough!

Now after riding in and driving a 2016 that belongs to a son of my friend, I agree they are much faster, handle better and very comfortable to drive. And that's a 6cyl!

That said, I do have a problem with the grille design on the 2019. In comparison to the 2010 and later years, the one shown above does look too generic or non-Camaro. That middle bar should be body color and they should reduce the grille area, it's too overwhelming and doesn't match the subtle side body design anymore.

If I wanted one now, I would definitely look for a 2010 - 2016.
That's the SS version apparently. There's some other pics that show the middle bar matching the paint. Looks better to me that way too.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 18, 01:50 PM
Tech Team
Armen

The 2019 Chevrolet Camaro has a new exterior design, but there are 6 other key changes for the new model year.

https://www.torquenews.com/106/6-key...erior-redesign

Always do good to others.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode