G’day! - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 18, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Probationer
Andy

G’day!

G’day Folks!

Joey first gen Camaro enthusiast here, on the hunt for my first ‘68 Camaro to ship over to Australia to replace my Aussie built GM toy. Landed here after looking for opinions on big vs small blocks. and general advice on what to look for and what makes a car legit.

Congrats on a great community you’ve got goin here. So many knowledgeable folks. Already figured out that I have a lot to learn.

Anyway, g’day and thanks for having me.
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 18, 03:39 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Re: G’day!

Welcome Andy - If you haven't visited your other post I inserted the link or what I think is the link of the 68 you are looking at.
Let me know by pm the true link if I was wrong. You can reach me by the link in my signature below.

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 18, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Andy, to the Club.
Correct year you are looking to buy - good deal and good luck.
Ask questions.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 18, 06:26 AM
Team Member
Ray

Garage

Welcome Andy!
The first thing you will be told by many of us here is to stay away from the dealer thieves! Most of them way over price the cars and most of them wouldn't know the difference between a 1st Generation Camaro and a washing machine. The sad part is that they don't seem to care about respect for the hobby and the love for the American Muscle Car. All they know is that the market is hot right now and they see dollar signs.
Second thing you should do is to read up on the '68, or any 1st Gen, at the CRG.org site. Learn about the cars, the options, and come back here for advice.
Good luck!

'68 rs/SS 350 M-21 posi
numbers matching
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 18, 11:58 PM
Mike

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase! Look forward to seeing the pictures with the first mods.

Chevy Camaro

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
|
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 11:34 AM
Apprentice
Errol

Hello. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
Andy

Thanks for the welcome and advice. Yeah I’ve been a reader of the CRG site for a while now. Great resource, even if some of it does go over my head. As for dealers... yeah, there’s some pretty funny attempts at sales pitches out there.

Looking forward to joining the club. My 2014 s/charged 6.2L HSV GTS (Aussie brand but GM LSA engine) is going up for sale soon. I know I’ll miss the feeling of 700hp, and aircon, and it drives great for a big car, but it just doesn’t have the same feeling the classics do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode