New member with 67 coupe - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 18, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

New member with 67 coupe

I have been lurking here for about 8 years gaining valuable information for a father/son build. My son and I built a 1967 Camaro for his first car in high school. I had an awesome time spending hours upon hours with my son. Unfortunately just before his senior year of high school he got cancer. He battled for 4 years and lost so I inherited his car. It's taken me these past three years to get around to enjoying his car but I am now. I've been working on little things that have bothered me since he and I finished it years ago. Thanks for the site. Anything I've needed to learn about I've found it here. Next project is adjusting one of the rear windows.
tport1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 18, 07:59 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

Re: New member with 67 coupe

Welcome to the site. We are very saddened to hear of your loss. Hope memoirs of your son will live on in your Camaro. As always we are happy to help any way we can with your Camaro.

Roger
Everett#2390 and wireboy355 like this.

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 18, 08:13 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

Welcome to the site! Terrible news about your son. His memory will live on in that car, though.

Experience...... It's what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 18, 12:04 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Welcome!! So sorry for your loss
Everett#2390 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 18, 12:07 PM
Senior Tech
Robert

Garage

Welcome. Sorry to hear about your son. I can't even imagine. Let us know what we can you help with. Have you done or thought about doing some sort of tribute paint job on the car. I have seen air cleaners, dashes, glove boxes, hoods, and many other tasteful tributes to loved ones. These cars are memory makers!

AKXtreme
69 Camaro L48 SS350
M20 4spd
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 18, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Thanks for the encouragement. I definitely think of my son every time I walk past his car sitting in my garage. And I am really starting to enjoy driving it! Never personally wanted one for myself but am truly enjoying it.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 18, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome, Duneit, to the Club and like everybody else, I feel your pain in losing a family member.
I wish you the best in your new journey.
Hopefully, and I think you have, enjoy your new journey with the new ride.
Your son is proud, I'm sure.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...

Last edited by Everett#2390; Aug 31st, 18 at 05:28 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 18, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by akxtreme View Post
Welcome. Sorry to hear about your son. I can't even imagine. Let us know what we can you help with. Have you done or thought about doing some sort of tribute paint job on the car. I have seen air cleaners, dashes, glove boxes, hoods, and many other tasteful tributes to loved ones. These cars are memory makers!
Yes, I have thought about some sort of tribute paint job. Definitely thinking about the glove box. The car itself is painted the color he wanted so I don't want to mess with the exterior. It's painted "House of Colors"? Karrot is I believe the name of it. It is the color the 1970 Camaro in the first Transformers movie turned into when it turned into a 2010 Camaro. Any suggestions for a tribute paint job?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 18, 05:45 PM
John

Garage

My hatís off to you sir.

I donít know if I could do it. I almost lost my son a couple years ago. We are close and work on father and son projects. He is my best friend and I thought at the time how I could ever go on and do the things alone we did together?

We are here to help, encourage and give you s**t if you deserve it. Lol

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 18, 03:24 AM
RDW
Senior Tech
Bob

Garage

Welcome, sorry for your loss.

67 Camaro coupe 327 automatic
78 RS Camaro 350 automatic (sold)
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 18, 08:18 AM
Senior Tech
Robert

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duneit View Post
Yes, I have thought about some sort of tribute paint job. Definitely thinking about the glove box. The car itself is painted the color he wanted so I don't want to mess with the exterior. It's painted "House of Colors"? Karrot is I believe the name of it. It is the color the 1970 Camaro in the first Transformers movie turned into when it turned into a 2010 Camaro. Any suggestions for a tribute paint job?
My suggestion would be to take the glove box out of the car and take it to a local, highly recommended/skilled artist/painter. You can go simple or elaborate. It could be as simple as "In loving memory of [your son]" with dates and maybe a cross or angel wings. But if it were me, I would discuss with painter what your sons' favorite hobbies were (sports, movies (Transformers?), etc.) and kind of give them free reign. They can usually incorporate the name/dates into the image somehow. Let them know what your budget can handle. I really like the glove box idea, if for some reason you decide to part with the car, you can always keep the glove box. You could also do an etched placard that affixes to the dash or console. I would do that in conjunction with the glove box not just placard by itself. Do you have any pictures of the 2 of you with the car? It might be nice to blow that up and frame it and hang it in the garage with the car, if you haven't already. I hope this helps.

AKXtreme
69 Camaro L48 SS350
M20 4spd
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 18, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by akxtreme View Post
My suggestion would be to take the glove box out of the car and take it to a local, highly recommended/skilled artist/painter. You can go simple or elaborate. It could be as simple as "In loving memory of [your son]" with dates and maybe a cross or angel wings. But if it were me, I would discuss with painter what your sons' favorite hobbies were (sports, movies (Transformers?), etc.) and kind of give them free reign. They can usually incorporate the name/dates into the image somehow. Let them know what your budget can handle. I really like the glove box idea, if for some reason you decide to part with the car, you can always keep the glove box. You could also do an etched placard that affixes to the dash or console. I would do that in conjunction with the glove box not just placard by itself. Do you have any pictures of the 2 of you with the car? It might be nice to blow that up and frame it and hang it in the garage with the car, if you haven't already. I hope this helps.
I really like your idea about a father/son picture with the car. Thank you for the idea! That's the direction I'm going to go in. Thanks again!
akxtreme likes this.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 18, 05:56 PM
John

Garage

I also agree that subtle is better. This means more to you then anybody else and a certain degree of private memorial is classy and imho more meaningful

I feel the best tribute is moving on and enjoying the car. Iím sure thatís what your son would want.

J
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 18, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave

I can't figure out how to post a picture. I attach it to my message, hit message preview and it shows up on my screen but every time I submit the message the picture doesn't show up. What am I doing wrong? Looks like I figured it out. This is my son at the one and only car show he was able to attend at 17 years old. He won a trophy for car most people would want to drive. Cool trophy as they were all hand made out of old car parts. The color he chose was because the first Transformers movie had just come out and the 2010 Camaro, "Bumble Bee" in the movie, transformed into this color.

Thanks

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Austin.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	221247  
rogerh, akxtreme and dhutton like this.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 18, 08:32 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
This means more to you then anybody else and a certain degree of private memorial is classy and imho more meaningful
I agree 100% with John. The memorial will only mean something to the people that knew and loved him. What would your son have liked if he was in your shoes?

Experience...... It's what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode