High School SS Camaro was too "hot" - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 19, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Probationer

High School SS Camaro was too "hot"

Hello, I'm new to this site and I need advice. First let me explain why I joined this site. I had a '67 SS, 350, convertible, 4sp back in high school and college but I sold it for $800 because all of my girlfriends always complained (the car didn't have a/c) that the car was too hot! What was I thinking??? I then got a Mercury Marauder X100 with all kinds of A/C but it was a tank. I've been driving a '71 vette for 45 years that I restored and a '57 Nomad I restored 15 years ago. But these cars are done and I'm retired and there is not much playing golf here in the winter time so I recently bought a '67 Camaro in Arizona that is almost my high school Camaro (console, gauges, tach,4sp,convertible,327) that needs some help but I'm in a dilemma on how to get it shipped to Kansas. All of the reviews on these transport companies sound like these guys are all pirates and they are going to never get your car to you on time and then when they finally pick it up they are going to hold it ransom on the trailer somewhere in timbuktu for more money. Does anyone have any good recommendations on a reputable transport company??? Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 19, 09:23 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

Re: High School SS Camaro was too "hot"

Maybe you could give this guy a call. He is a member of TC and it looks like he is on his way to AZ. Haven't heard any complaints of his service.

Transport Available Today

https://www.camaros.net/forums/membe...transport.html

Roger

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 19, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Probationer

Hey thanks!!! I'll look him up. Really appreciate the help.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 19, 07:33 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Garage

Depending on where you are in Kansas, it might be a bit of a trip but I always prefer towing the car myself. I fly in, rent a U-Haul truck and car trailer an bring the car home that way. Where is the car in AZ?

'68 RS
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 19, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Probationer

Its in Phoenix. I priced plane ticket and rental of truck and trailer and I can have it transported for cheaper to close to the same price. (according to some of the quotes but I've also heard they tack on more charges to those quotes)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 19, 07:53 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngillam View Post
Its in Phoenix. I priced plane ticket and rental of truck and trailer and I can have it transported for cheaper to close to the same price. (according to some of the quotes but I've also heard they tack on more charges to those quotes)
I understand. Good luck with it and make sure you post pictures

'68 RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode