Its available! - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 19, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Jeff

Its available!

Just wanted to put a post in to get started. Have a 68 Camero base 327 with powerglide that finally after 40 years was able to buy the family friends Camero that I loved since kid. When ever she came to visit the folks we all couldn't ride our bikes in the drive way, and had to keep our distance. She had purchased it after graduating from college in Boston as a Hertz rental car. Through out the years it was her baby. Always garaged and well kept. Then it went the wrong direction. She had a accident on the LT rear Quarter mostly cosmetic (repairable without replacing part and took it to a company known for cost effective paint work). They told her the burnt orange is no longer available and only these colors available. Sold her a complete paint job on some Foreign blue metallic. Typical mask every thing and change the color. Not bad and only a few spots where over time paint had lifted on the masked areas and few open areas where the overspray went, but doesn't keep going after feathering the edges on the paint. As years past and age of owner and car it slowly went down hill. She pulled the vehicle out side her garage and sat for 8 years in the elements of pine trees, close to the Pacific Northwest beach where sand and mist of the salt air did its damage to metal surfaces. By no means is it a huge issue buy restoration purposes. The cost effective paint job did protect the factory paint that would normally create more issues then I have today. LT upper cowl area, LT outer fire wall panel, all of the front core support and inner fender wells, RT front fender around marker light, few spots around lower doors and quarter panels. Most areas can be patched some replacement. Going for a solid repair under a cost effective budget. This is a dream for me. Have restored other vehicles under the years. The last vehicle was 65 Plymouth Sport Fury 3 Convertible. It was a pace car when I restored it. Then was stolen 15 years ago. Found it in guys back yard few years ago. Through out those 15 years hatted classic cars and never even went to a car show. The pain of my labor and love was gone and ripped away. All tags and vin numbers gone, sat outside and all panels I repaired started coming back from sitting in the bushes over all those years but have it back. Been a love hate relationship with this vehicle. No internet when I restored it. Started getting it back together and calling it a hooptie. Leaving the rust alone in most spots, priming it white to hide they typical rust spots convertible have (happy its white!). Searching parts through the internet and going broke just to get a few parts that was missing. I swear that when I started buying parts the prices went up! Now I have a Camero that all parts are available and information is over whelming. The Plymouth is just about together for some driving this spring then sell it for more parts and upgrades for my Bitchen Camero! So long Mopar, been fun but there's a Camero in the garage!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode