Team Camaro Tech banner

X33 d80

965 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Bperry69x33D80 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Brent. I have always wanted a 69 camaro since I first saw one in the early 80's. I finally was able to purchase one about 3 years ago and have been restoring it since. It's a lemans blue x33 D80 with its original drive train. I have been working on it ever since. It's almost done !

#7 ·
I bought the car from the 2nd owner who wanted to restore it. He painstakingly sold it to me after realizing the amount of time and money involved in the restoration. After receiving it I had it inspected and certified by Jerry M. and another local camaro expert Mike K. who I am very appreciative of their time and knowledge. The drivetrain was all orginal to the car except for the alt, fuel pump, headers and a few other small items.. I have been putting it back to as factory as i possible can except for cross ram (I have original intake and carb). It took me months to find a painter that I trusted to do the job right and not just slather the car in bondo and shape it. The body and paint turned out beautifully. I have been restoring the original parts sourcing nos and used oe parts when possible trying to avoid repos if I can.

#8 ·
Sourcing correct, OEM parts that are in good shape/right date is a time and money consuming endeavor.... but I suppose that is all part of the fun. Thrill of the chase kind of thing. You efforts will be worthwhile in the end, though. Best of luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.