Team Camaro Tech banner

Just Bought a 69

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Hendo624 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I’m David, 30 years old and was born and raised in south Alabama. I have a 2010 Camaro that I inherited from my dad with quite a bit of work done to it and my mom’s first car in high school was a ‘76 Camaro. Needless to say, I’ve loved Camaros for a long time and always wanted a ‘69. I’m currently in the Army, have served since 2010, and am stationed in Japan right now. I just bought a 1969 Camaro that has 56,740 miles on it, 454 bored .040 over, and a bunch of goodies in it, power steering, power brakes with discs up front. The car is getting delivered to Alabama tentatively Monday where it will be until I come home. There’s not much on my list of things I’d like to do to the car other than swap out the steering wheel for a more period correct one as well as the radio. A previous owner put a modern Pioneer radio in it and I’d like to swap it for a RetroSound unit if possible. Regardless though, I’ll add pictures soon and I look forward to getting to know you folks.

#7 ·
Welcome David! Congratulations on your purchase. BTW I have a RetroSound radio in my 69 and am happy with the overall fitment, look, features and performance of it.

#10 ·
Thank you all for the very warm welcome. I can’t wait to get home so I can enjoy it and tinker around with it.

I’m glad to hear that, it seems like a great product. My only worry is I’m not sure if any or how much the previous owner might have cut the dash to accommodate the modern pioneer radio that’s in it now. I’m not sure if that’ll affect my hopes for the RetroSound swap.

#15 ·
I agree, it’s definitely my favorite of the first gens.

Welcome and thank you for your service.
Thank you sir.

Welcome cant wait to see the pictures , I have a 69 convertible on a rotisserie now
Very nice, I’m sure it’ll be awesome once it’s done.

Welcome From Texas! Nice ride in your garage. You need 10 posts and it doesn't matter how long they are. You could just say "Hi" in 6 more threads and you'll have it, lol...

Brett.....
Thanks Brett. Well it looks like I’m halfway there already and the lack of a length requirement makes it pretty easy.

#14 ·
Welcome From Texas! Nice ride in your garage. You need 10 posts and it doesn't matter how long they are. You could just say "Hi" in 6 more threads and you'll have it, lol...

Brett.....

#20 ·
You know, if you park them in the same garage, side by side while your gone; you might come home and find a Gen 3 brandywine Z playing in the tooly box! Great looking combo. Again, be safe.

#22 ·
That was a good one, definitely made me laugh! Thank you for the compliment.

Looks nice. Lets hope its not going to cost an arm and a leg to fix those things that are just not right. Are you at Sagami?
I hope the things the car needs aren’t to extensive to get fixed but I guess we’ll just have to see. But yeah, I work out at Sagami, been here for about a year now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.