My 67 - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 06, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Kelly

My 67

Hello all, not exactly new, I've been here a while, but thought I'd introduce my car now that I've done some work and taken a few pictures. I was fortunate to stumble across an unmolested 1967 convertible a couple of years ago that was actually owned by a little old lady. Her brother bought it new and somewhere along the line it went to her. There's no way she ever drove it. Manual steering, manual brakes, 4 speed. She could barely see over the dash. I think it pretty well sat in their garage for years and years. When I got it home, I couldn't figure out if the top was manual or power (couldn't locate the switch) so I called to ask her. She said she had the top down once, but her daughter did it for her. Nice. I've got the protecto plate, owners manual, and all that good stuff. Interesting it was a radio delete, with a little medallion honoring Canada's 100 year anniversary. Same medallion on the owners manual. I'd love to know if the owner stuck it there, or the dealer. Probably the owner but no one remembers. It had 90,000 miles and the little six ran well, but it wasn't exactly putting you back in your seat. I replaced it with a 350 cu. in. GM crate motor, 330 hp deluxe with the Vortec heads. Nice little motor, lot's of fun to drive now. Even the steering and brakes don't bother me as much. ;o) Originally nantucket blue but a little darker now (marina blue?). All 4 quarters have been replaced with GM parts (can still see the parts tags on the inside). Note the 68 front quarters. The paint is old but in good shape save a few scratches. No one's sure how long it's been there but I'd guess 15 years or more. Gold interior (I'm getting used to it) is in nice shape. Original carpets need replacing. Posi rear end, saginaw 4 speed. Not a lot of options. I've got a few interior parts I'll replace, and some sway bars, bushings. Found a power steering box so someday I'll get that squared away. You'll see pics with the dog dish hub caps. I actually found original 67 rally wheels about 2 days after I brought it home. What amazing fortune. They are in such nice shape and are even the power disc caps to encourage me to square that away too. Anyway, thanks to all the people that have helped me in my motor swap, cooling issues and the assorted answers I didn't need to post questions because of the search engine. Great site, great people.

http://my.inbox.com/photos/ripleydale

67 Ragtop from a little old lady
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 06, 03:50 PM

Re: My 67

how much did u end up paying for it? don't we all wish we cood find an unmolested car sitting in sum old ladies garage. I had a lead on a 1968 camaro ss convertible for 5,000 bux but it was too far away from me. wen i called just to see if the ad was legit an old lady answered. I almost fainted.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 06, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Kelly

$13K. After looking around a while, I realized that was probably pretty low and offered her more. She said she felt better having me own it and said $13K was enough. This is Canadian by the way. Paid $500 for the rims.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 06, 07:14 PM
Senior Tech
Craig

Great story, great find. Thats a heck of a deal at 13k Canadian. Congrats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 06, 08:20 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Denis

Great story. Really nice car, love the interior. You can probably get GM of Canada documentation too if the car was sold new in Canada -- good stuff to have, a lot easier to decode than a protecto-plate and cowl tag.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 06, 03:02 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Cool Re: My 67

Nice Ride.. ..

Muscle cars were loud, proud, and in your face, and did not pretend to be anything else.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 06, 03:06 PM
Senior Tech
Dayton

That is one good deal! Nice car.

13,000 Canadian Dollars = 11,554.4 US Dollars as of today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 06, 06:59 PM
Senior Tech
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton68Z28 View Post
That is one good deal! Nice car.

13,000 Canadian Dollars = 11,554.4 US Dollars as of today.
I dont know whats more amazing to me. The deal he got on the car or the fact that $11,554 is only 13,000 Canadian.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 06, 08:13 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Wow, great find. Congrats!!! Would you mind posting a close up of the Centennial medallion or email me a pic please? Thanks and enjoy the car!

Mark
1965 Electra-Glide FLH
1990 Fat Boy - 6,200 miles

Previous: 9 '67 Z-28's, '67 L78, '67 Canadian Festival Car, and about 30 other '67 Camaros!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 06, 05:51 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Wow, nice find! I've never seen that color combo before. What color was the top originally?

Kevin

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 06, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Kelly

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'll get a pic of the medallion and the owners manual. I did pull the records from GM Canada, but there weren't any surprises. I believe that is the original top. Still in amazing condition.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 06, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Kelly

Added a few pics, one of the medallion on the radio delete plate and a few of the documents I got from the owner.
http://my.inbox.com/photos/ripleydale

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 06, 08:38 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Thanks Ripleydale! That is a very cool car! I'm intrigued by the medallion and paperwork. Can you post a pic of the trim tag also when you have a chance please? What dealership was it purchased from when new? Thanks

Mark
1965 Electra-Glide FLH
1990 Fat Boy - 6,200 miles

Previous: 9 '67 Z-28's, '67 L78, '67 Canadian Festival Car, and about 30 other '67 Camaros!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 06, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Kelly

Hey Mark, posted the trim tag phone on the inbox site. The car was delivered in June 67 from Saskatoon Motor Products Ltd. BTW, enjoyed your site. A few dead links but the ones that worked were very interesting. Loved the hole for the tranny on the Cone car.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 06, 09:10 PM
Senior Tech

Nice clean original 67 vert!!! That is a good catch for sure at that price

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode