Not a Camaro but... - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 06, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Mike

Not a Camaro but...

I've owned several over the years (eight to be exact) and was looking for one to be my current project when I realized I wasn't going to find what I was looking for in my price range. So I'm now the proud owner of a 70 Nova. As you all know, if you've ever worked on a Camaro, it's pretty easy finding your way around a nova.

I've been lurking around awhile and this site has already been invaluable for someone getting back into cars after being out of it for a few years. I'm working towards building a nice street/strip car. Something I can drive to the race track, go fast, and drive home. I look forward to participating on the board as I progress towards my goal.

Thanks for letting a Nova guy hang out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 06, 11:38 AM
Senior Tech
Dayton

Re: Not a Camaro but...

We are all a part of the happy Chevy family!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dayton68Z28; Oct 9th, 06 at 03:07 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 06, 12:03 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

I have a '72 Nova along with the Camaro, you'll find lots of cross over info here. As well be sure to follow the site links over to our sister site www.novas.net and check things out... Beers on the new guy!!

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 06, 01:09 PM
Senior Tech
Don

Welcome, Novas are close enough. I have a 72 that I'm working on.

Don ~ TC Member #15 ~

Don't mess with Texas!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 06, 02:58 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Cool Re: Not a Camaro but...

Welcome to Team Camaro..i also like to hang-out over at the Nova/Chevelle sites ..

Muscle cars were loud, proud, and in your face, and did not pretend to be anything else.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 06, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome to the club! It's another people mover with a bigger back seat.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - maybe this year, 2019 ...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 06, 05:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

70 Nova and most Chevys for that matter are nice cars -- here is a picture of my 70 pro street Nova that I recently sold (although I did replace it with a 69 Camaro )

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 06, 09:02 PM
Senior Tech

Welcome aboard Nova guy!!! I also like Novas too. Good luck with your project. Post some before and after pics if possible

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 06, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Mike

Thanks for the welcome. There's a semi-current picture in my profile. Can I post that here?

It's originally a six cylinder car. When I bought it someone had put a 350/turbo 350 from a late 70's pickup. The car was straight and clean and since I just wanted a good starting point it seemed like a good deal.

To date I've added a moser 12 bolt with 3.73's, thanks to BigGearHead, the wheels and tires, Cal Trac bars and a few other small details. I'm currently collecting parts for a 383 build which I hope to get done this winter.

Anybody out there from Oklahoma City that can recommend a machine shop?

Last edited by mdla; Oct 11th, 06 at 08:18 AM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 07, 03:15 AM

Looks good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode