New to these boards / veteran Camaro owner - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 06, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tom

New to these boards / veteran Camaro owner

I wanted to introduce myself to you all here on this fine website! I have owned two Camaros, both '67 models. I bought my first at the age 19 in 1986. It was a bit rough, but I loved it anyways. When I bought it it had a 454 under the hood with a wore out turbo 350 and wore out 12 bolt. It was sporting the ugliest hood scoop and had fender flares! Because of the condition of the above mentioned car I became a mechanic in '86, sold the car after 9 years of enjoyment and opened my own shop. I specialized in European cars and completely fell away from American muscle cars during this period. I injured my back last year and sold my business after 10 years of the mind boggling changes that had taken place in the automotive industry. During my time off, I began longing for another Camaro, not just any Camaro, but another '67 model. So I sold my Silverado so that I could find me a car. I finally found one on Ebay and drove 12 hours straight to pick it up. It is not a show car, but a driver and that's what I intend to do, drive it! This car is in better shape than my first one was, and it is great to be back behind the wheel of Americas best muscle car! I am an ASE certified master technician and hope to be able to help some of you with your problems. I have really learned a lot about the first generation Camaros here, the information that I have read is great to say the least. I thank you all for this information, it is indeed truly a blessing. I remember with my first Camaro you pretty much learned by trial and error, and had to make tons of phone calls just to find any information, and always found conflicting information at that. Thanks to Al Gore for inventing the internet! We would be lost without it! I hope to be an asset to this fine site, and I promise that I will not post any garbage. If I can't help or at least add to a topic, I won't post. Thanks once again, Tom in Tennessee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 06, 07:49 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: New to these boards / veteran Camaro owner

Welcome to Team Camaro!!!

I am another who owned his first firstgen when young, a blue 67 vert. Bought my current car, a blue 68 very, 7 years ago, and will never look back again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 06, 07:51 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Welcome Tom to TC. Nice '67 and I like the farm land in the background. You'll like it here and we can always use some info from a good mechanic.

Robert

355ci 10:1, 64cc Edelbrocks, Comp Mag 280H, Performer RPM, 700r4 (2000 stall), 3.55 posi A/C PS PDB Hotchkis

369ci 10.3:1, 64cc Edelbrocks, Voodoo 276/284, Performer RPM, Holley 650DP ...T56 Magnum, 3.73 Moser 12 bolt
TC member #18

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 06, 09:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Cool Re: New to these boards / veteran Camaro owner

Welcome from California..

Muscle cars were loud, proud, and in your face, and did not pretend to be anything else.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 06, 11:14 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Tom -- welcome to Team Camaro (and by the way thats a nice looking ride)

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 06, 12:19 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
"Tri-Tip"

Welcome Oldrocker. Good to have a certified mechanic around.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." ..... George Washington

Gary,TC Member with a Lemans Blue/Ivory 02D X33, DZ, M20, MS, flat hood. Only the BU code rear end is original.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 06, 12:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Talking Re: New to these boards / veteran Camaro owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrocker View Post
... and I promise that I will not post any garbage. If I can't help or at least add to a topic, I won't post.
"Thanks to Al Gore for inventing the internet!"
Hmmmm, it looks like you've already violated your own rule

WELCOME to Team CAMARO
Good to hear you've got yourself another 67 (seems to be a favorite year of a few lost souls on here ) Tom.
We welcome a good mechanic on here - so you get all the 'how do I change my intake' posts for the next couple weeks
I think there are several active members in the TN area, hopefully you can hook-up with some of them someday.

John

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 06, 02:10 PM
Senior Tech
Patrick

Welcome aboard Tom. Beautiful car.

69RS/SS,383,10:1cr,4.10,60ft1.6sec,1/[email protected],1/[email protected],Vicjr,RPMheads,750dp, Proform main body, cam,246*-250*@.050,.510,522,1.6rr,700r4,3200stall
383 IS SOLD!
Building a 489BBC

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 06, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tom

Thanks for the welcome! After many years of wrenching I became burned out and thought I would never enjoy working on a car again. Thanks to this car it is again a pleasure working on a car. I spend a lot of time "discovering" this car and so far it has been a great experience. As for me being a 20 year mechanic, I will try to answer any questions that any of you have, and if I don't know the answer, I won't pretend to. I hope I'm able to help any one that needs it as this site has given me a tremendous amount of help. Thanks again, Tom
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 06, 05:18 PM
Senior Tech
Dano

Howdy Tom! Welcome ot the worlds best first gen Camaro site!! Great car you got there. Glad to hear you plan on driving it, that's what the General made 'em for
Dano

If you can't see the bright side of life, try polishing the dull side...
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 06, 11:52 PM
Senior Tech

Welcome to Team Camaro Tom. That is one nice ride

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 06, 07:52 AM

Welcome from Texas
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 06, 06:55 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Welcome from Arkansas...........nice 67, 67 Camaros rock!!! Very nice countryside in the back ground also. I love the country........but not country music.....lol

Joe

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 07, 03:20 AM

Hey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode