Dave from IL. - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 06, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Dave from IL.

Hello All. New to the site and wanted to say that I am impressed with the maturity and helpfulness everyone displays. I have owned my 68 vert of and on now for 7 years. I owned it for three and did ALOT of work to it. After not getting everything dialed in with the motor, I sort of gave up on it. My best friend from the service offered me less then it was worth and I accepted the offer knowing he was mechanically inclined and not to mention he lives in Cali. After getting everything done right on the motor, he used it for a daily driver. I respected that since I was always worried about a chip in the paint and so on. Before Thanksgiving he called and said he was getting rid of all the toys and offered me the car back. That was the deal. If I sold him the car, I would get the phone call first before he offered to anyone else. The car is coming back home. Within the three years of him having the car, I taught myself about cars and and purchased a 1990 300zx. I redid the car from motor to body work. NOTHING compares to pure American muscle and the history that goes behind it. Soon "she" will be arriving from Cali and I cannot wait to have her back. Looking forward to having an interaction with people who love their cars as much as I do.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 06, 09:35 AM

Re: Dave from IL.

Awesome, bet it feels good to be getting your car back. Welcome!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 06, 10:52 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

A Big welcome back to Illinois, from one 68 vert to another!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 06, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

All detailed up. Getting ready to come home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01824.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	2033  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 06, 12:09 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

and don't worry bout no chips, deeez cars r fer drivin!!!
Me and my vert covered almost 6000 miles last summer.

Whereabouts in IL are ya?

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 06, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post

Whereabouts in IL are ya?
Chicago
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 06, 12:54 PM
Senior Tech

Dave, Glad you got your car back!!! Glad to have you aboard

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 06, 03:18 AM

from the pic the camaro is coming out really sharp , now start driving it like its stolen , chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode