Freiburger here. - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 06, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Freiburger here.

I think I was registered here years ago, but now my login doesn't seem to work so I'm freshly registered and back in action. I check out the Chevelles site pretty often, but I figure I have two Camaros and one El Camino, so I should be here more often.

Here's my latest, opinions welcome:
http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/p...s-73fbomb.html

We've also got the world's fastest Camaro at 261 mph:
http://www.hotrod.com/projectbuild/1...nal/index.html

I'm Editorial Director of magazines like Hot Rod, Car Craft, Popular Hot Rodding, and Chevy High Performance. Looking forward to your input.

Thanks!

DF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 06, 07:14 PM
Team Member
Jerry R.

Re: Freiburger here.

thats what I'm talking about !

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 06, 07:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harley

Send a message via Yahoo to wiskeesour

HOLY CRAP! DAVE! I am a HUGE FAN! welcome aboard!
Get some pics of your car up here! mine is in my sig..

AE2(AW) Harley Moody, USNavy
"Master-at-Arms" for the CDWJB!!
November 26th, 2008 was my last day to serve my country as a member of the World's Greatest Navy.
Thanks Chief.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 06, 07:23 PM
Senior Tech

David -

Nice to have you back! Always good to have the guys with jobs most of us dream of checking in.

I'm guessing that since you are returning, you'll get excluded from the "new guy buys the beer" rule. Too bad. Maybe a ride in the F-bomb?

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 06, 07:26 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike, 69's rule

Welcome Back!...Please post some pictures...

(STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS).

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible (SOLD)
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
GGSMU member

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 06, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Train me how, please.

DF
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 06, 07:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike, 69's rule

Here you go DF... (Compiliments of Mr Wilcox.... )I use Photobucket and so far after 4 years and almost 200 pictures, its still free..

How to Post Pictures on Team Camaro
https://www.camaros.net

I. The best way to post pictures is to become a member of the TC site. Membership has benefits and supports our site sponsor!

https://www.camaros.net/membership/

With your membership you get many other benefits besides online storage space to upload your pictures to and the ability to link them into posts.

II. Alternatively, you can set up an account with one of the many photo hosting companies out on the web and “hotlink” those pictures to your post. Some image hosting sites, like geocities, do not allow hotlinks to their page. Here are a few that do. Some of these are free for limited space or you can pay a fee for more space. Others are pay only.

A. http://www.photobucket.com

B. http://www.imageshack.com

C. http://www.cardomain.com

D. http://www.webshots.com

E. http://www.fototime.com

III. Once you have the images hosted somewhere, either on the TC site or one of the other image hosting sites, all you do is open the picture up in your browser, and copy/paste the link into your post. That will provide a link to the image.

IV. If you want to post the actual picture instead of just a link into the post, you will need to surround the link (wrap) with the [IMG] [/IMG] tags. Example:

V. Be sure to reduce the size of your pictures before you upload them to your image host. The larger the dimensions of the image, the larger the file size will be in general. An image taken on my camera at 2080x1020 is almost a full megabyte in size (~1,000 kilobytes). If you resize the image to 800x600, it can drop it down to around 100 kilobytes or less; roughly a 10th of the original size. Not only does this make the image small enough where people viewing the image won’t have to scroll the window sideways to view the entire picture, but it also conserves space on your hosting site allowing for more pictures to be uploaded before reaching your limit.

VI. Here is a popular program I use to reduce image sizes, there are others but I like this one and it’s free:

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

Programs like Adobe Photoshop can do the same if you like and already have.

(STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS).

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible (SOLD)
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
GGSMU member

post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 06, 08:02 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Car Craft........I have been a subcriber for about 14 or 15 years strait. To be honest not a fan all those years but I still like it and look FWD to it every month. I always find something I like each issue.

Are you guys ever going to do anything with that disco Nova??

Joe

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 06, 08:04 PM
Senior Tech

Welcome back Dave! Glad to have you as part of the TEAM

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 06, 08:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

My goodness, Zuma, brown-nosing a little are we?
That is without a doubt the longest and most complete posting of the ole "how to post a picture" question I have ever seen. While I've never looked at it, I'll bet you lifted it from Mr. Wilcox, newbie Mod, it looks like his style.

Hi David and how are ya? It's good to see you over here, you spend way too much of your free time on that other site where the big car guys hang out.

Over here, you'll find a somewhat calmer, possibly older crowd, widely varied ideas of what the perfect Camaro is, but only one idea of what the perfect car is.

As long as we're brown nosing, I might mention that Hot Rod is the only rag I subscribe to, and your column is the first I read (cause I read it cover to cover, and your column is the first non-ad in the magazine!)

On the posting pictures thing, the best way would be to have a friendly moderator whisper in Al's ear and get you some attachment priveledges. I'll see what can be done.

If you're interested in a buncha crazies who collectively covers over 35,000 miles in their firstgen's last summer for the express purpose of making new friends, you might want to take a look at this : The Run to the Rockies

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 06, 08:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruno

Thumbs up Re: Freiburger here.

Welcome back, big fan & long time subscriber from the Caribean here. One question, how in my lifetime I'd grab a hold on one of those magazine license plates for my Camaro?

"Our affair with Camaros is a life sentence without the possibility of parole".
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 06, 08:49 PM
Senior Tech
Chick

Garage

Welcome back David and had to laugh because I'm checking ebay and our camaros.net with my just delivered Hot Rod mag "The Legends" beside the computer and I noticed Freiburger here. As the earlier posts stated, get some pic's our way and enjoy some of the experts here. Quite enlightening for me anyway as they are some of the best. And you my friend are one of the best in your field as Hot Rod is one of the best out there since you took the reins and I too enjoy your editorials.
Happy New Year

Chick
68, 69, & 2015 Z/28's
69 Nova's L34 Father/Son & L78 Surv purch-new
67, 68, & 2015 Z06 Corvettes
Our 68Z Restoration
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 06, 09:00 PM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

...didn't need to introduce yourself Dave...

...that name speaks for itself in the car world...unless you've been in a cave for the last 10+ years!Welcome aboard...

The 2nd gen boys all talk about the salt lake car over at www.nastyz28.com don't forget to check in there if you haven't already.

Enjoy reading everyone of those mags...

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 06, 04:47 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Dave -- welcome to Team Camaro -- have had a subscription to Hot Rod magazine since '76 and still have all the issues filed by year in the garage -- and by the way -- nice Camaro

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 06, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome back, Dave. I've been a lifelong subscriber as well. Good mag with a good format. Love the T's.

I remember your editorial on your Father's death. I can relate as my grandfather pass away July 1986 and I had the same relationship with him as you did with your father. My only regret was I didn't get to say Thanks.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode