NewGuy checking in...... - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 07, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

NewGuy checking in......

Just signed up.......

I`m in Texas
I don`t have any real cool Camaros at the moment (I`ve got a 97..... ), but I`ve had some good ones over the years. I had a 68 SS350 clone and replaced that with a real deal 68 SS396 4 speed. I had to sell it to raise a down payment for my home a few years ago.....oh well.

Donnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 07, 10:00 PM
Senior Tech

Re: FNG checking in......

Welcome Donnie, I hope you can another first gen soon. Happy hunting!

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 07, 08:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

Welcome Don :I know the feeling I had to sell a couple of my cars(70 chevelle LS4 ,68 vette conv. cool car did a total resto. in 8 months no kids at the time plenty of $$$ around then )and my jet boat B/B 468 21ft carribean fast for a jet 70 mph, to repay a bad investment.But life is a learning experence,repeat the good and stay away from the rest...but through it all kept my Friend (68 camaro) had since I was 18 ....good luck finding a nother friend and do your home work before buying ,have bought a few muscle cars that turned out to be not so desierable..part of life's experence...You are at thre right place lots of very knowledgeable people here.Happy new year ....Happy Motoring Oh by the way DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS

1972 Nova SS , 350, Auto, AC, Survivor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 68Lemans blue; Jan 6th, 07 at 08:44 AM. Reason: added note

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 07, 10:08 AM
Senior Tech
Jimmie-Retired

Hey....welcome to the site. I think most of us here have "been there, done that". Back in the 70's and 80's, I bought/sold two 1st gen convertibles, one a 68 big block, the other a 67 small block, and a 68 big block 4 speed coupe w/air. Now I just have a 350 4 speed. We all make those hindsite mistakes but we all had growing families and life's priorities. One day you'll have another, and when you do, enjoy it every chance you get!! Jim

Jim's '69

68 SS 396 4 speed A/C Bought New Sold 1976
68 350/350 A/C Bought 1978 $700 Wrecked
69 350 4 Speed Bought 1988
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 07, 12:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike, 69's rule

Re: NewGuy checking in......

Welcome Don...nothing wrong with a 97 camaro...At least its not a mini-van...LOL ...I know your feelings, I had a 67 in High School, (To dumb at the time to care about those wing windows... ), and waited till my kids were all out of the house and picked up a 69...It will happen to you as well, but get a 69 next time...LOL...

(STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS).

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible (SOLD)
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
GGSMU member

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 07, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMan View Post
Just signed up.......

I had to sell it to raise a down payment for my home a few years ago.....oh well.

Donnie
Time to refinance and get that 1st gen camaro back
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 07, 03:23 PM
Senior Tech
Larry

Thumbs up Re: NewGuy checking in......

Welcome from OHIO.

(LARRY)

1969 CAMARO SS 502ci - 600hp

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 07, 11:44 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Cool Re: NewGuy checking in......

Welcome from Cali..

Muscle cars were loud, proud, and in your face, and did not pretend to be anything else.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 07, 02:06 PM
Team Member
Jerry R.

welcome Texan

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 07, 05:34 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Welcome from Maryland (just east of DC)

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 07, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
Welcome Don...nothing wrong with a 97 camaro...At least its not a mini-van...LOL

Yep, it`s the wife`s daily driver and she says she`ll NEVER drive a mini-van.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 07, 05:45 PM
Tech Team
Ken Larsen

been there done that-after many yrs. finally getting back to having some cash for toys-but you'll never have enough-so just do it as you can.currently have a 67 coupe i'm playing with-and there is nothing wrong with a 97-Zuma is right-a lot better than a mini-van
camaro Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode