Pro Street Z11 - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
MARK

Garage
Send a message via AIM to PROZ11
Pro Street Z11

Hey fellow Camaro fans,
I've been checking out this site for years now but never formally introduced myself. My name is Mark, I live in Northern NJ. I've been a Camaro fan since my first car. A stock (other than Cragers), Burgundy with tan interior, 1974 Camaro Type LT, 4 spd, 350. I paid a whopping $700.00 for it. Not bad considering it was only about 8 yrs old when I bought it. I immediately started modifying it soon after. Headers, cam, intake, carb. posi, etc. That's when I relalized I was a "car guy" and a "gear head". A few cars and years later I bought a bone stock 1979 Z-28, T10 4 spd. 373 posi, silver with orange stripes. After about a month I put on headers and a full dual. Followed a few months later with a 360 hp 1970 LT1 crate motor. (had a friend that worked at a Chevrolet dealer). That car ripped with that motor. That was the last of my "daily driver" hot rods. After that I built a Pro Street 57 Chevy. Blown 468 cuin big block, Super T10 4 spd, narrowed 9 inch. I drove that car for about 10 years and wanted another Camaro. I always like 69 Z11's. Something about that white and orange combo. But, I also couldn't give up up the Pro Street thing. I had this crazy idea that I could combine the 2. So I went about trying to find a "donor" 69 convertible. I tracked down a Rally Green with white interior, 327 2bbl, 4 spd car that was on a used car lot in CT. I struck a (very good) deal and brought the car home. That was 8 years ago. I added a dual exhaust and front and real spoilers and drove the car around for a year and collected parts.... lots of parts. Well 7 years later here's the car now. Almost finished. It has kinda gotten out of hand. It has a 427 cuin. (de-stroked 454) blown big block, 2 Edelbrock 750 cfm carbs, a T56 6 spd, narrowed 9 inch, 8 pt cage, 4 wheel discs, 4 wheel coil overs, etc, etc, etc. I can't wait to get it completely done. The seats and center console are out of a 97 Camaro. I have everything to put the car back together (painted RS nose included) except some interior stuff thats gonna have to be made. I hope to have it on the road this spring.
Here's some pictures and a link to a video from when I first got it running this past Sept.

So, . . . . . what do ya think??

Click here to see Video

I've gots lots of other pictures of the car, even before I did any work on it, if anyone would like to see them.

Last edited by PROZ11; Jan 24th, 07 at 12:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 12:39 PM

Re: Pro Street Z11

Real nice
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 12:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Nice and Nasty

Its going to be a killer car

Kev

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 12:54 PM
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to Blade

wow nice man.

Got to give the PEOPLE what they want!

Look....if you wanna be the best then you gotta take out the best!

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans
Ford 9" 4:56 gears

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 03:47 PM
Senior Tech
Larry

Thumbs up Re: Pro Street Z11

Hello and welcome love the Pro Street look.

(LARRY)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1969 CAMARO SS 502ci - 600hp

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 03:53 PM
Senior Tech
Paul

Thumbs up Re: Pro Street Z11

Sweet!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 03:54 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Sweeeet. And a clean job too

69 Camaro - Restoration in process

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 05:12 PM
Senior Tech
Keith

Send a message via AIM to softail02

Hey that was my Green Vert the dealer stole from me 8 yeas ago.. I want it back|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Joking nice ride I like Pro-Street myself

70 RS Pro-Street stiil have

69 RS/SS EX wife's ( C**T) car lost cause my state sucks

07 Tahoe LTZ lost cause my state sucks
02 2500 crew LT Duramax FOR SALE
04 Fatboy sold to pay lawyer fees

2010 Caddy CTS 3.6
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 05:33 PM
Senior Tech
Keith

Send a message via AIM to softail02

70 RS Pro-Street stiil have

69 RS/SS EX wife's ( C**T) car lost cause my state sucks

07 Tahoe LTZ lost cause my state sucks
02 2500 crew LT Duramax FOR SALE
04 Fatboy sold to pay lawyer fees

2010 Caddy CTS 3.6
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 06:25 PM
Senior Tech

Nice car Mark! Welcome to the Team

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 08:00 PM
Senior Tech
Chick

Garage

wow Mark, never saw the two combo's put together (blown pro-street/Z11) but I like it a lot. Bring it down to the camaro nationals this June at Carlisle, PA and welcome aboard.....

Chick
68, 69, & 2015 Z/28's
69 Nova's L34 Father/Son & L78 Surv purch-new
67, 68, & 2015 Z06 Corvettes
Our 68Z Restoration
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 08:14 PM

Hey does anyone know anyone who is selling camaros under 5 grand in california?? if so E-mail me at [email protected]. thank you./.............. oh yeah thats an imports worse nightmare.! nice ride dude.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 07, 08:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike, 69's rule

nice! welcome to the team!

(STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS).

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible (SOLD)
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
GGSMU member

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 07, 05:04 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Nice ride -- having owned a pro street car, I know what its like to take corners with that suspension and those tires, but I'll always like the look of a tubbed, pro street car

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 07, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
MARK

Garage
Send a message via AIM to PROZ11

Thanks for the compliments and kind words guys. I'll post the progress on the car from time to time. I can't wait to get it on the road. It's going for exhaust next week. The neighbors have been pretty good about it, but this thing is f'en loud with the open shorty headers. And, if you watched the video, I fire it up from time to time. My ears ring for about 15 minutes after I run it. After the exhaust, it'll be time to hang the nose. Then test drive time! (Although I may take it up and down the block before then.) I'll post more video when I have it.

I know what you are talking about DougP. I can see a 69 Camaro "G Machine" project somewhere down the road for me. But, I'm kinda hooked on the Pro Street thing. Well, for the last 18 or so years anyway. Since I owned a Pro Street 57, I'll be use to the ride and the corners. I drove it Pro Street trim for about 9 years. That car actually drove pretty nice. Not a canyon carver by any means. But not too bad. Nothing like it in a strait line though! On more than one occasion, with one quick ride, I gave few guys who had a "fast" car an education. I loved it that a few said "my feet came off the floor," when I planted them in the passenger seat. Nothing like the torque of a blown big block! At least one of them said he was close to needing a change of underpants.. LOL.

Thanks again guys,
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode