Team Camaro Tech banner

Edelbrock Pro Flo XT

8K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  paulm 
#1 ·
I installed an Pro flo XT late summer, I cant belive the throttle responce,
I have a 400 sb TrickFlo Twisted wedge heads, stock cam, motor from
77-78 GMC pu, I had an Edl performer intake, 650 dp holly, ran decinet.
The responce from injectoin is UNREAL. At 20 mph tires turn loose, It is
like a total different car,

I worked at a Cadillac/Chevy dealer for over 20 years, Totally diferent
system. And yes I can make a carb work, My other Camaro is a drag car
2560# with me in it. 1.37 60" 6.43 1/8. 331 smallblock. NO ADDERS.

I am impressed with injection!!

#2 ·
Can you give us any details on this new ede system?
What things can you edit?
Does it support wideband?
Can you program the desired AFR?
Option for 2 or 3 bar map for blowers?
Can you post some screenshots of the software?

Doug was asking about this system in a thread in performance, I'll steer him over here?

#3 ·
Q#1 not really
Q#2 yes most every thing timing, inj timing, does read off map sensor, very adjustable'
more than I understand
Q#3 yes with optional kit
Q#5 yes can be S-charged, for 70-80 $ new injectors can be upgraded to (I think 40#)
Q#4 yes
Q#6 no I cant I cant operate comp enough

I did talk to Doug on line sent him picts. I can E-mail to you if you can post?
John

#5 ·
Have not ever used the XT but I did use the 3500 Multiport on a ZZ3 crate motor in my Tri Five car. It too produced very good results running thru a 700R4. I got 23 mpg on hiway cruises with 3:70 gears.
Very easy to tune , on the fly via hand held programmer. I did have to change eprom chip to be compatable with my long duration optional GM cam. I had excellant contact with programming engineer with Edlebrock, he gave me his direct office line to assist me with any problems that I had.
The XT is the newer RamJet style multiport injection system. Kool thing about both of these set ups is , one systemcontrols air , fuel and ignition. Very easy to build the fuel window maps. Good product.

#9 ·
There has been much upgrade to the Eddy system in the last 10 years, its a good system.
I have been considering running a Retrotek system in the Camaro, that allows you to use the carb style airhorn throttlebody with internal fuel feeds. This way I can keep the stock appearance of the motor on the outside but concealed by cowl air cleaner. Some of the guys here are using them and have or did report some good results. Just another project down the line.
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127209&highlight=retrotek

#10 ·
I think that I follow you guys...in Holley terms we call that a "base map", which you load into the ECU. Once the parameters from the base map have been loaded into the ECU, the user is able to change any of the parameters to suit their needs as they rarely just "work" for the particular application and are never optimal.

What parameters do you modify with the programmer? John are you saying that Edelbrock gives you a "tune" close enough that there's not much to change?

With the C950, we define the fuel map, spark map, startup enrichment, acceleration enrichment, IAC parameters including desired idle, O2 sensor parameters including target AFRs, Engine parameters including the number of cylinders, type of ignition, type of injection and many other things.

#11 ·
First I am comp DUMMY, if I follow most of your ? The base map I got orig started and
great, it took a few phone calls to get a new map for my cam. Stock from 77-78
truck, once got new map, Eldy engineer talked me thru all steps 2 hrs OT on a friday
nite. Once I got the base calibration, I havent really changed much, I still run rich, most
of the time. I havent driven much, shortly after got running blew rear wheel cyl.
I worked on fuel ing, at dealers 20 plus years, didn't modify, but driveability is great
There are several adjustments, golbal fuel up-down, fuel per rpm, fuel per map, timing
there are several adjustments with hand held programer,
There tech assist is very good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.