Help - Team Camaro Tech
EFI in your modern Classic EFI conversions in early Camaros

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 10, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Help

first off let me say hello, I registered here by following this thread https://www.camaros.net/forums/archiv.../t-110978.html

And I want to say thank you in advance,

I have a truck.. Sorry not a Camaro

It is a 1993 Z71 with a GM crate engine 385 Fast Burn, with a Holley High Rise intake and a 4bbl TB..

It has (if you read that thread) a Holley commander 950 !!, At this point I am thinking of throwing a carb on it and calling it quits ! I live in a colder climate (Great White North) in the last month the truck has been on the Hook twice I think it would prefer to be in FLA or Mexico in the sand lol

3 sets of plugs
3 oil changes
Coolant temp sensor
Labor

=$800

I just havent the time nor the spot to work on it during the winter, I know I fail as a car guy, trust me I would prefer to fix it myself.. but the cold temps keep me from that.

the last person to tune the truck has my data cable and DISKS.. he has vanished from the face of the earth and the shop he was working at says it is not there issue.

I have a data cable but can not lean down the fuel with out the software, Right now after dropping 800 in to the truck just can't drop the 100 or so on new disks..

I called the guy in that thread and left a msg, But I am wondering if someone could be kind enough to upload the software, As I just set up my laptop for XP to be able to turn the fuel down a little right now its a A/F of 5% and well thats an issue when it is cold lol..

Again if you have it or know where I can get it it would be muchly appreciated!

I had to take my car out of storage Please Help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 10, 05:18 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jody

Re: Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster385 View Post
first off let me say hello, I registered here by following this thread https://www.camaros.net/forums/archiv.../t-110978.html

And I want to say thank you in advance,

I have a truck.. Sorry not a Camaro

It is a 1993 Z71 with a GM crate engine 385 Fast Burn, with a Holley High Rise intake and a 4bbl TB..

It has (if you read that thread) a Holley commander 950 !!, At this point I am thinking of throwing a carb on it and calling it quits ! I live in a colder climate (Great White North) in the last month the truck has been on the Hook twice I think it would prefer to be in FLA or Mexico in the sand lol

3 sets of plugs
3 oil changes
Coolant temp sensor
Labor

=$800

I just havent the time nor the spot to work on it during the winter, I know I fail as a car guy, trust me I would prefer to fix it myself.. but the cold temps keep me from that.

the last person to tune the truck has my data cable and DISKS.. he has vanished from the face of the earth and the shop he was working at says it is not there issue.

I have a data cable but can not lean down the fuel with out the software, Right now after dropping 800 in to the truck just can't drop the 100 or so on new disks..

I called the guy in that thread and left a msg, But I am wondering if someone could be kind enough to upload the software, As I just set up my laptop for XP to be able to turn the fuel down a little right now its a A/F of 5% and well thats an issue when it is cold lol..

Again if you have it or know where I can get it it would be muchly appreciated!

I had to take my car out of storage Please Help
you can download the software off the Holley site...............

http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...950c_v3_07.exe

Jody

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 10, 05:23 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Wink Re: Help

See if you can't get one of the Mods to move your thread over to the EFI forum - https://www.camaros.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70
Bet you'd get more help there.
(click on the little whistle icon in the upper-right corner of your thread to report and ask to move)

You might also want to post a thread on the HAMB board.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/index.php
Lot's of guys over there use the Holley system.

I don't have that software or would forward a copy to you.
Sort-of a Delphi guy

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 10, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
you can download the software off the Holley site...............

http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...950c_v3_07.exe

Jody

thats not the full program
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 10, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage 68 View Post
See if you can't get one of the Mods to move your thread over to the EFI forum - https://www.camaros.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70
Bet you'd get more help there.
(click on the little whistle icon in the upper-right corner of your thread to report and ask to move)

You might also want to post a thread on the HAMB board.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/index.php
Lot's of guys over there use the Holley system.

I don't have that software or would forward a copy to you.
Sort-of a Delphi guy
thanks
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 10, 07:10 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jody

Quote:
I downloaded it before and it was everything I needed to tune a friends car. Not sure if that is the same download though..........

Go here and contact Doug F. He's the moderator of the efi section and is a Holley EFI engineer, I'm sure he can provide the link you need.

http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/sh...uel_Injection/

Jody

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 10, 07:07 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jody

Quote:
by the way, I downloaded it just now, sure looks like everything you'll need software-wise to hook up and tune your car........................... Create a new folder to extract it to, not your desktop........... After extracting it hit setup and it installs the tuning software to your computer. Hook up your cables to the computer and ecm and have at it.

Jody

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 10, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
by the way, I downloaded it just now, sure looks like everything you'll need software-wise to hook up and tune your car........................... Create a new folder to extract it to, not your desktop........... After extracting it hit setup and it installs the tuning software to your computer. Hook up your cables to the computer and ecm and have at it.

Jody

Thanks Jody, I must need some updates as it wouldn't install, will check it out when I get home. I wonder if maybe because I am running it on a Virtual Machine inside Windows 7 it could be creating issues.. will look into it more when I get back to the house, Again thank you.

Will be nice to change the Air Fuel ratio thats at like 5 LOL

Won't be a proper tune until I get into it and figure out what the injector psi is as Holley doesn't have a base map for the 385!

what I know of this motor is,

385 fast burn with a GM hot cam Holley high rise intake and a 4bbl TB, edlebrock headers its not a tuned port but is injected.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 10, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Update

Ok this is where I am at, I finally got the Holley 950 software to run now awaiting new Data cable,

Problem

The Commander 950 is supposed to delete the Stock ecu is it not ?

If so Who ever hooked this up has it piggy backing, Truck runs with out the Stock ECU, but not solely on the Stock ECU.

Once stock ecu is removed truck loses about 100 HP and Shift Points.
So I got to thinking, Install One of the 2 SuperChips I have, One is Mild the other Wild.. Just my luck I put in the Wild one haha talk about a Brand new truck.

Once I receive the data cable 2 or 3 days I will remove yet again the stock ECU and go from there ?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 10, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

ok got a data cable... What steps should i take to lean out the fuel.. Right now I am Air/fuel 11.0 to A/F 11.5 WOT ??

The truck is still flooding itself out on idle and takes a minute of driving to clear itself up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode