Sending Unit - Team Camaro Tech
EFI in your modern Classic EFI conversions in early Camaros

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 10, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Garage
Sending Unit

I am thinking of either easi-efi or powerjection TBI. I would have to run a return back to the tank and presently don't have a return port on the sending unit. Should I consider changing the sending unit with one with a return?

Thanks

Steve
The best laid plans are those not made (mine)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 10, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: Sending Unit

This Moroso kit would work good.

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/catego...?CatCode=32029

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 10, 08:13 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Garage

What about venting the tank? Thar looks more like a vent than a return.

68 302 M20 - 85 IROC Z
The older I get the faster I was.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 10, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Gas cap is the vent.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 10, 07:11 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Garage

Quote:
Gas cap is the vent.
There are several other threads on here that state otherwise. I have been struggling with the same issues before pulling the trigger on EFI. In tank pumps, in line pumps, baffled or non baffled tanks. If the gas cap is a viable vent, thats great, but I dont want a gas line in my trunk. AAARG

68 302 M20 - 85 IROC Z
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 10, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

I wouldn't want a gas line in the trunk either. The Moroso kit allows a return to be placed in the fill tube under the floor as in behind the license plate holder.

Since the early gas caps vent in one direction, a mid-'70's cap may have to be used to vent both ways or, if the return line is used, a pressure relief valve plumbed in to relieve the tank, say 2 PSI.

'
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 10, 11:50 AM
David Pozzi

Stock Camaro caps vent in and out, but hold back a fraction of a psi to prevent gas fumes from escaping.

Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:

67 RS 327 original owner. 1965 Lola T-70
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 10, 06:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Garage

Yes I forgot the connector was below the floor. It has been a while since it was apart. circa 1986

68 302 M20 - 85 IROC Z
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 10, 06:09 AM
Senior Tech
Dave

David how has your efi fuel tank setup been working in low fuel situations now that you've had more run time? Do you notice any pressure when removing the cap after a long drive? My stock 69 does that some times?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 10, 05:42 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Hey Guys I am wanting the same as Steve, EFI in my 68 Camaro, I am looking at the Holley and FAST EZEFI, with a similar question, will a 69 sending unit work in my 68? That would give the return line, or I was told about the 3rd gen sending unit with internal fuel pump? From my reading the internal would be a better option. Any thoughts or options you would suggest? Thanks Joe

68, 396- 330 RWHP/ 354lbsTQ. TKO 600- 5 Speed. Ford 9in- 3.70 gear. Magnaflow 2 1/2 inch exhaust. --Semper Fi-Joe

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 10, 02:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bob

Go to ROBMC performance and look at his sending units. They fit in the standard 69 sending connection. This will work with an external pump. If you want to use an internal use a IN Tank unit from Tanks.
http://www.robbmcperformance.com/

Procharged HO 454, 700R4, 12 bolt with Yukon axles, 3:73 gears posi, Pypes 2.5" X pipe with Borla XS mufflers. Retrotek Speed EFI, Ridetech suspension.
Rushforth rated X with Toyo tires. MSD 6 ignition.
Wilwood 6 piston Dynalite disc brakes with Hydratech booster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode