l.s. conversion parts suppliers and cost - Team Camaro Tech
EFI in your modern Classic EFI conversions in early Camaros

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 11, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
kt
Senior Tech
kelly

l.s. conversion parts suppliers and cost

Well i feel i need to try a l.s. conversion on my 69 camaro, currently it has a 396 with a m-21 in it. I have a gm performance ls-6 crate engine and a 4l60e trans out of a 2007 2 wheel drive truck. My car has factory gauges and 4 sp console, its a original looking r.s. ss car. i cant prove that its a factory car.
I need help with locating parts suppliers that have know parts that work as being in canada all will have to be sent across the boarder and sending parts back sucks. Also the costs here are my findings

headers and motor mounts aprox 1000 bucks
wiring and ecm and tune aprox 1000
drive set up for non a/c….using oem parts..300 ish
aftermarket fuel tank…600…or use oem tank and in frame pump?
rad and fans..used….unknown cost.
aftermarket stall for 4l60e….600
oil pan, the engine has a cts-v oil pan, which wont work it seems with out mods

what about making the factory gauges work, the speed will req a box of some sort, or a tail shaft( another expense) what about the rest of them, the tach ??

So what say you….any names of manufactures that are known to provide good parts and service??…any ideas on the costs on the above?? to high to low?

i have the engine and have the trans, although i have yet to rebuild the trans, i am just in the beginning of getting info and feel the sometimes to much reading is a bad thing…lol…

sorry for the long post ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 11, 08:07 PM
Tech Team
Hugh

Re: l.s. conversion parts suppliers and cost

see if this helps

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...you-think.html
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 11, 03:12 PM
Senior Tech
Lee

Re: l.s. conversion parts suppliers and cost

Hooker, Edelbrock make motor mount kits and headers to stick an LS motor in a 1st Gen. BRP, I think does as well.

Rock Auto I think sells the fuel tanks you are looking for. Prices are all over the map and some are well north of $1k. It really depends on what you want. If you are handy with a welder, you can buy a stock tank and make one suitable for fuel injection.

The website Blevinator recommends is about the best one out there for getting research on this. There are several good threads over there about 1st gen Camaro conversions too. I would do a lot of reading over there before spinning a wrench. Some of the threads started their conversions before aftermarket parts caught up with the trend so...dont' accept their solution to the problem with doing research to see if someone else has come up with a better mouse trap. You may want to peruse Chevy Hi Performance and Hot Rod's websites to see if there are tech articles out there to help you out.

I don't now if emissions are a concern where you are at, but GM does sell a crate LS-3 geared for hot rods along with the appropriate accessories etc. It makes 430 hp and is emissions legal with CARB approval etc. I would check out Scoogin Dickey Chevrolet or Pace Chevrolet and see what they offer. All the car mags had a big spread about it last fall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode