69 Camaro EFI Problems - Team Camaro Tech
EFI in your modern Classic EFI conversions in early Camaros

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 11, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Justin

69 Camaro EFI Problems

Hello All,

So on the latest edition of my quest for horsepower, I bought the GMPP 502 Ram Jet for my 69 Camaro (Rockcrusher 4 Speed). I bought the engine second hand and was given Accel ECM, Wire Harness, etc..which has become a problem. No one I know of in my area knows how to tune the Accel stuff (2000-2003 I believe). Does anyone know how to tune this stuff, know of someone who can in California, or has a better suggestion (such as a cheap MEFI-4 system). At any rate, the reason this is a problem is because first and second are currently not streetable. It's loping forward so hard that it feels as though I'm offroading and the throttle response is just not there. I either minimally press it and it makes my car basically bounce, or I press the gas a little more and I'm going 60. I need some control and for this engine to be more streetable. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 11, 10:01 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
David

Re: 69 Camaro EFI Problems

Check with accel dfi to see if they have a list of tuners. Those guys should be easy to find in Cali. When in doubt call the nearest speed shop and see who they recommend

68 coupe ,572,tko
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 11, 10:03 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
David

One last thought....did the engine get modified with a different cam?

68 coupe ,572,tko

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 13, 09:03 PM
T.J.

I have a POWERJECTION III on my 69 Camaro with small block 350. I have had nothing but problems with it. I cannot get the car to turn over. I have fuel pressure, the pump in running, but I am not getting any fuel spraying into the curb - thus not starting~ I re-hooked the computer program back up -- the computer over rode the system and the car started (for 3 mins-hicupping until it died) and it wouldn't start back up. Back to square 1 No fuel spray in the curb, but fuel pump running and plenty of pressure at the source? Any ideas? has this happened to anybody else? Trouble shooting thoughts? Thank you! T.J.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 13, 12:39 PM
Senior Tech

Check out : Autotrendefi.com Get their number, talk to Dave. Great guy, knows EVERYTHING about Accel.....will not try to sell you something you do not need either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode