FAST EZ-EFI...experiences anyone? - Team Camaro Tech
EFI in your modern Classic EFI conversions in early Camaros

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 12, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Scott

FAST EZ-EFI...experiences anyone?

I've been considering purchasing the the fast EZ efi system and would like to get some real life information from guys that aren't writing an advertisement for it. I'm running a 383 that dynoed at 486hp and 472tq at the flywheel, and I am currently using a 750 Holley carb. I really don't want to give up much hp, but I am not a carb tuning master and like the idea of efi. Iam planning to move to 3" magnaflow exhaust with the x pipe and a MSD 6al at the same time.

Anyone with some experience with this product have some advise?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Scott

1969, 383ci - 486hp, 700r4 3000 lock up conv, hotchkis sway bars, 2.5" drop, Moser 12 bolt 373's, vintage air front runner, rear disk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 12, 06:45 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
kevin

Re: FAST EZ-EFI...experiences anyone?

hi scott
i posted a bit ago about installing this system on a 383 stroker in a camaro..ck the threads on that if you have not allready done so..i liked the system and i can tell you the customer did too...
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 12, 06:46 PM
kt
Senior Tech
kelly

I have it on a 468 and love it, replaced a 950 holley ultra. I love it, hit the key and it idles like a new car hot or cold... its a 468 roller cammed, dart heads..etc...

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 12, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Scott

Thank you for your responses...I was beginning to change my mind and not go that direction. Lack of response left me thinking that no one was doing it!

Scott

1969, 383ci - 486hp, 700r4 3000 lock up conv, hotchkis sway bars, 2.5" drop, Moser 12 bolt 373's, vintage air front runner, rear disk
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 12, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Scott

Thank you for your responses...I was beginning to change my mind and not go that direction. Lack of response left me thinking that no one was doing it!

Scott

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 12, 05:53 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
kevin

sorry for the delays..lol...since i sold my 67 vert..i kinda stepped back for awhile...
i love these camaro's and in time will find another one...
..let me know how it goes ..you cam pm me if u like...as far as the hand held programmer we went to radio shack purchased a cable and mounted the progammer in the console so my customer could moniter the engine and adjust at will...
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 12, 05:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
kevin

by the way scott ..nice car i like the way she sits looks great..
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 12, 07:20 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Garage

Hardest part is running the return line....once you get it running it is great!

Steve
The best laid plans are those not made (mine)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 12, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Scott

Talking Re: FAST EZ-EFI...experiences anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67conv.cam View Post
sorry for the delays..lol...since i sold my 67 vert..i kinda stepped back for awhile...
i love these camaro's and in time will find another one...
..let me know how it goes ..you cam pm me if u like...as far as the hand held programmer we went to radio shack purchased a cable and mounted the progammer in the console so my customer could moniter the engine and adjust at will...
That is a great idea! One of the many obstacles that have been running through my mind. I have several items on the "to do" list and daily have changed my mind about 10 times a day....so far today I plan to place an order it on Monday!

Scott

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 12, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Scott

Talking Re: FAST EZ-EFI...experiences anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverlookin View Post
Hardest part is running the return line....once you get it running it is great!
I've been thinking about welding a piece of steel tubing into the sender, how I'd you do yours?

Also, what about a vent, is the stock vent cap enough? I seen where others have said no, and some have said yes...with a return line feeding back to the tank, and the fact that the car will not be consuming any more fuel than it normally does...why would the stock vent cap not work?

I currently have an electric pump (6-7psi), and have no venting/vacuum issue, is the initial pull of the higher psi pump really enough to overcome the vent?

I really don't think I want a carbon canister hangin around..any other ideas?

Sorry for rambling on...thinking out loud...I really do appreciate the help!

Scott

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 12, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67conv.cam View Post
by the way scott ..nice car i like the way she sits looks great..
Thank you, my wife calls her my "mistress", fortunately for me she loves "Lucy" too!

Scott

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 12, 02:13 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Christopher

I actually replaced my Factory Fuel Tank with a Specter 67-68 F-body tank fitted for EFI with the pump inside. It is set up already for return, but if you are going to run the return through the sender, try to make it long enough inside the tank to aim it away from the pick up. I would also make it long enough to reach the bottom of the tank or at least close. This will allow the fuel returning to be under the existing fuel. This will prevent splash, and prevent it from causing excessive vapor. Some who have done this have had a short tube inside the tank, and they get a lot of Gas Fumes smell when the car is placed in the Garage after driving. Think about placing a small amount of gas in a gas can, closing the lid and shaking it. When you remove the lid you will get that whoosh of fumes.
I did so much research on this before I bought my injection it made my head hurt, and as usual I over engineered the system to include a small surge tank in the engine compartment, but I have never had a problem, and I used the car on the track, European style Road Racing, and even playing with trying to drift the car on a dare, and I never get a stall.
The fast system is easy and bullet proof.

Follow my build here:

Balanced 350, Eagle rotating assy, Mahle Flat top Forged pistons, AFR 195 cylinder heads, AFR Hydrorev kit, Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Cam, comp Pro Mag Ultra Roller Rockers, Edelbrock AirGap RPM Manifold.
Live to rev!
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 12, 01:26 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Garage

I used the Moroso kit:
http://www.moroso.com/catalog/catego...?catcode=32029

And yes the stock cap venting works fine. I used my existing SS supply line and converted it to my return line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sctthys View Post
I've been thinking about welding a piece of steel tubing into the sender, how I'd you do yours?

Also, what about a vent, is the stock vent cap enough? I seen where others have said no, and some have said yes...with a return line feeding back to the tank, and the fact that the car will not be consuming any more fuel than it normally does...why would the stock vent cap not work?

I currently have an electric pump (6-7psi), and have no venting/vacuum issue, is the initial pull of the higher psi pump really enough to overcome the vent?

I really don't think I want a carbon canister hangin around..any other ideas?

Sorry for rambling on...thinking out loud...I really do appreciate the help!

Steve
The best laid plans are those not made (mine)

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 12, 08:45 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Christopher

If you feel you need a canister, You could run one. I suggest using the one from the new Ford Fiesta. It actually mounts under the tank on that car, so it is made to be outside of the Engine compartment. I would place it under the car near your fuel pump. Just an Idea. I don't have one, and have not had a problem, but I have seen some people say they have a fumes smell. I actually think that is from using the wrong fuel lines.
I used Stainless 3/8 fuel lines from the tank to the engine compartment, then a short run of Teflon lined braided line from the steel line to my surge tank, and from the surge tank to the unit, from the unit to the pressure regulator and from the regulator back to the surge tank. Looks real professional, and I had the hoses made at my local NAPA, so they look like a factory line.
When I worked construction we used NAPA to make all of our hydraulic High Pressure lines, so when I needed these, I just ask them if they could make the proper an6 lines and they said they could if I brought them the measurements. I like the look and it has pressed Stainless connectors. No Leaks.

Follow my build here:

Balanced 350, Eagle rotating assy, Mahle Flat top Forged pistons, AFR 195 cylinder heads, AFR Hydrorev kit, Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Cam, comp Pro Mag Ultra Roller Rockers, Edelbrock AirGap RPM Manifold.
Live to rev!
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 12, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Scott

Great info guys! Unfortunately I am stuck I the middle of a project at work and do not have time to work on the car, but have plenty of time to think about all the options to make it work.

Have either of you heard of tanks inc? I spoke with them Friday and they have a baffled tank coming out toward the end of may that will allow the use of an in tank pump with a price of about 220 for the tank and 220 ish for the pump. I believe it is just a stock tank with a baffle (pan) welded to the bottom, is that what the spectra tank is? I spoke to them as well and they said they have a "new" design that puts a baffle into their "pan" that is supposed to eliminate any possible issue of fuel starvation problems. That tank is supposed to be available in three months or so.

So...what to do...buy the spectra that some say have problems and some say not that is available now or wait on one of these two tanks. Or...buy the pump kit from fast with the Morroso return kit and the stock tank. Arrhhhgg so many options, I just want it to work the first time and not have to spend more time and money re doing it.

I'll only run a canister if the wife starts complaining, but she doesn't really complain about the rich smell in our garage now.

Scott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode