454 Gen IV retrofit to EFI - Team Camaro Tech
EFI in your modern Classic EFI conversions in early Camaros

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 12, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

454 Gen IV retrofit to EFI

I'd like to install EFI on my 73 Vette with a 454 Gen IV motor. I have the fuel injection parts from a Gen VI motor.

Can anyone give me any guidance on any issues or problem with making this swap?

Thanks in advance!

Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 12, 11:03 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Thumbs up Re: 454 Gen IV retrofit to EFI

I don't think you are going to run into any major 'issue or problem' - just choices, that will cause or correct them

Would need to know more about the system(s) you intend to use;
Year it's off of.
Control system you intend to use.
Level of control you intend to facilitate for. (ECM interface with other systems, like trans.)
Level of performance you're intending to achieve.
Amount of work you can do yourself.
Your level of understanding and comfort in working with EFI systems.
Amount of outside help you intend to make use of (programming as needed and etc.)
Amount of work you intend to do to get clearance for the system with the hood. (changes intake air routing and can cause 'issues')
Type of fuel supply system you need, intend to use and what mods you intend for original system.

The above answered/answers will give you a good idea of how planning your project will avoid the normal issues that come up when you take on these type of projects.

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode