Mp kill switch - Team Camaro Tech
EFI in your modern Classic EFI conversions in early Camaros

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 16, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jim

Lightbulb Mp kill switch

Does anyone install a fuel pump kill switch? From what I have read, no one has mentioned this. I installed an inertia switch (Ford) in my 12v line. Just can't fathom the idea of a fuel pump pumping in an accident. Any thoughts?

Daddy's Hot Rod.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 16, 01:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Will

Re: Mp kill switch

Codi: great point safety wise. Great idea on the inertia switch. Not a lot of folks know about these life savers (it's in your new cars owners manual how to reset) . I learned the hard way that they even existed about 20 years ago. I was still working graveyard patrol and driving a brand new Crown Vic ( one of the best cars Henry's kids ever built) and was engaged in the pursuit of a wanted murderer. The chase reached speeds of 120 mph and there were shots being fired at me that took out the passenger side windshield. Air support was tailing and we went off reading in pursuit across a moved hayfield at about 80. I hit some ruts in the field and the engine died. Well S____ thought I. His car blew up crossing the hayfield and others involved in the chase eventually captured him after a shootout. After the dust settled I had my patrol car towed in to the county garage. Being a gearhead I inquired what caused my sudden engine failure and was educated on the inertia switch and the location of the reset button. Sorry to be so wordy but it all seems like it happened yesterday.

In the past, I have wired my electric fuel pumps so that the ground goes through the oil pressure sender. As long as there is oil pressure the circuit is complete. Lose oil pressure to zero and the circuit is open and the fuel pump dies.
Still use it on any of my cars that are fed electrically.

WILL

Detective Lt. Will, Chief of Homicide/ Chief Deputy Coroner: RETIRED AFTER 32 years.

67 Camaro RS /327 -275 hp
Powerglide to 2:73 rear gears
Black vinyl over Ermine White
30,000 documented mile survivor
Second owner. P.O.P car.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 16, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jim

Re: Mp kill switch

From your reply, I assume you are in law enforcement? If so, still active? How many years? What is your present assignment?

Daddy's Hot Rod.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode