Sniper reliability? - Team Camaro Tech
EFI in your modern Classic EFI conversions in early Camaros

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 18, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Greg

Sniper reliability?

I just learned of the Super Sniper that will support blow thru and 1250 HP. Sounds perfect as I have been waiting for a self tuning, economical system that can support boost for a long time. I pretty much had my credit card in hand then made a quick check of the Holley forums and got cold feet.

Seems there are some issues so I wanted to see what you guys have experienced?

69 Camaro, 3650lbs., 400ci, TH400, Coan 10" converter, 3.50 gear
D1SC, pump gas, street car, Water/Meth injection
1.302 60', 5.956 @ 116.4 Super Sniper EFI 2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 18, 02:52 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Garage
Re: Sniper reliability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
I just learned of the Super Sniper that will support blow thru and 1250 HP. Sounds perfect as I have been waiting for a self tuning, economical system that can support boost for a long time. I pretty much had my credit card in hand then made a quick check of the Holley forums and got cold feet.

Seems there are some issues so I wanted to see what you guys have experienced?
I did my install and used a tanks inc set up with a corvette filter/regulator and just plugged the return port on the TB. After about 4K miles in 8 months, I had my first issue. One of the injectors straight died. Holley will replace it for free but my car will be down for 2 weeks. Aside from that, I've loved it.
-Rob
p.s. - Don't forget to register your product.

1968, 5 speed, Vintage Air Gen IV, American Auto Wire Update Series, Champion 4 Core Rad, BMR front w/ Koni's, BP Roller 383, Posi 8.2", Solid Frame Bushings
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 18, 06:22 AM
Apprentice
Darrell

Re: Sniper reliability?

I can feel your hesitation after reading the Holley forum. Forums are a great place to search for help when you have an issue (kind of like you are now). Iíve always wondered how many units a manufacture sells that works perfect, think about if all those happy people posted on the forums.

With that said, I do have a Sniper and I did have issues that are not on the Holley forum. (427 BBC, no power adders)
1. The output of the ECU that controls timing died a week before I was to leave for the Power Tour. I put in an HEI distributer to control all the timing functions, ran the whole tour without issue (loved the way it ran). Got home and sent the unit back to Holley where they replaced the ECU and sent it back within a week at no charge.
2. I did not like the way the gas pedal felt, too digital. I talked to one of the tech guys at the Holley tent, said he had the same complaint. He added an extension to the throttle mount to resolve the issue. So, I did the same thing, pedal feel is much better.
3. Iím currently fighting an electrical noise issue. Not Holley's fault, I need to find a better way to route my wires. Read the installation manual before buying any product.

I still recommend the product based on my own personnel experience.

Trying to find a self-tuning blow through EFI throttle body was an issue I had 4 years ago. I went with a FAST XFI system, ported manifold for the injectors, and used one of their throttle bodies. Still teaching myself how to tune it but it works great without any manufacturing issues. (383 SBC F1 ProCharger).

Tough choice you have in front of you. Bet several people would love to have your dilemma right now.

Fly Low and Avoid the Radar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode