Team Camaro Tech banner

Sniper in a 69

10K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Dave69Z 
#1 ·
Thinking about switching to EFI, Holley Sniper, my question is on a 69 where did you run your return line?

#6 ·
Getting the fuel system right is tricky, extremely important...and more expensive than most plan for. I doubt you will be able to do this without dropping the tank. Dropping the tank is not that hard though so don't be afraid to try it.

My advice is don't cut any corners on your fuel system. You really need either a sump tank which will include provisions for feed and return or buy an efi "system" which usually uses an in tank pump and has provisions for return lines where you insert the system on top of the tank.

I went with this one. GP Camaro/Firebird 19 Gal. Sump Tank (1969) Glenn's Performance

If the fuel pick up isn't right, the EFI system is not going to perform well.

#8 ·
I used the stock hard fuel line as my return line, but it's not that hard to add both dedicated EFI fuel lines to and from your tank. I bought the Holley kit that included the external fuel pump, connectors, and fuel line. I put the fuel pump on the bottom back of my tank. Yes, you will have to drop your tank. If you call https://www.efisystempro.com/ Chris will make sure you get everything you need before you order and has great support after the sale, even on weekends if you need it.

#14 ·
I don’t know if this would work but I thought about using the main fuel line as the return line. I didn’t because I bought enough Steel Braided line to run my lines. I think your EFI would work better with a return line but I’ve never run a return less system.

I decided to run a return line as I wanted everything to run at its best efficientsie since I was spending that much money and I’m very happy with my extra effort.

#16 ·
I ran the return line back on the drivers side of the car and routed it the exact same way as the direct fuel line.

I've had no issues with the system at all and have about 500 miles on it...the fuel pump does have a good "whine" to it from time to time...something I havent looked into yet.

#25 ·
Where are you guys getting and what kind of kits are you guys getting for braided fuel lines? I see several kits out there by Summit and others, and trying to figure out which one I should get to do the whole job. Have standard carb but will be moving to Sniper.

#30 ·
I used my stock steel line and Efi hose with Efi clamps. Just be careful of how far up on the fuel sender line you push the hose. It’s closer to 5/16 next to the barbed end. If you have 3/8 hose you have to push it up further or it will leak and at 62 psi it leaks real bad. Found out the hard way. But it works really well. Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.