2Likes
  • 2 Post By pittpens24

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 20, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Steve

Garage
Holley Coolant Temp Sensor Fitment

Installed my CTS tonight and am not happy with the clearance between the harness and the header. As I see it I have a couple of options:

1) Insulate the wiring with a wrap, etc
2) find a shorter adapter fitting
3) find a CTS that is 1/2" NPT instead of 3/8 NPT.

Anyone have a good solution or recommendation on a sensor or "shorter fitting"

Steve
1968 that started life and a 6 banger with a PG. Now it's a 350 with a TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Speedtech LCA/UCA, ATS Tall Spindles, Hotchkis Springs, Forgeline ZX3P, C5 (Kore3) brakes with other cool stuff from Ron Davis, Vintage Air and soon to be Terminator EFI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 20, 03:10 AM
Senior Tech
Bryan

Re: Holley Coolant Temp Sensor Fitment

Do you have a spot available up on top by your thermostat? I didnít so I used a 3/8Ē brass tee to put two sensors in the one spot by my thermostat.

1968 Camaro, 383 with Dart Pro 1 aluminum heads and roller cam, Holley Sniper EFI with Dual Sync distributor, Muncie M21 4-speed transmission, 3.73 12-bolt Eaton posi differential.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 20, 03:19 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Greg

Garage

Here ya go!
https://www.jegs.com/i/Meziere/680/W...SABEgIkhvD_BwE
dhutton and LeeC like this.

'68 Camaro with RS conversion
Moser 9" with 4:11
Martz Chassis 4-link and Front Sub-frame
Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 speed
572 BB - CM Engines
Wilwood 6 piston front and 4 piston rear disc

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 20, 07:08 PM
Senior Tech
Simon

Garage

What about using a boot protector like this one, I use a few to protect my spark plug wire boots from getting scorched from my headers and the wires down to the solenoid.
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/dei-010711
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 20, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Steve

Garage

I'm going to try a "close" bushing. I ordered this from Amazon today.
Looks like it might give me 1/4 inch or extra.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Steve
1968 that started life and a 6 banger with a PG. Now it's a 350 with a TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Speedtech LCA/UCA, ATS Tall Spindles, Hotchkis Springs, Forgeline ZX3P, C5 (Kore3) brakes with other cool stuff from Ron Davis, Vintage Air and soon to be Terminator EFI.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 20, 05:55 AM
Tech Team
Corky

Hopefully that will get you the needed clearance. What intake manifold do you have? Most aftermarkets will be tapped with a 3/8" fitting on top of the water cross over. When I installed my EFI, I used the top fitting for the CTS and the one you are using for the stock sensor.

Corky
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 20, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Steve

Garage

It's an RPM air-gap. I had heard people saying the intake ports might not be good enough for the CTS. I guess I can try it in the rear port of the intake.

Steve

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 20, 04:04 PM
Senior Tech
Bryan

I also have an RPM Air Gap. My temps in the back of the manifold were 15-20 degrees cooler because the coolant was just coming from the radiator. Like I said before, I used a 3/8Ē NPT street tee to put two sensors in the front, right before the coolant goes back into the radiator. Something like this, but you can probably find something cheaper: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...reet+tee&pos=1

1968 Camaro, 383 with Dart Pro 1 aluminum heads and roller cam, Holley Sniper EFI with Dual Sync distributor, Muncie M21 4-speed transmission, 3.73 12-bolt Eaton posi differential.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 20, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Steve

Garage

Well, for now I decided to run it in the front of the manifold. Once I get things dialed in I'll try moving it to the rear and see what happens.

Steve

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 20, 11:18 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Milt

Garage

Doesn't your intake have a sensor location by the water neck? That's where I put mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7172.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	422.0 KB
ID:	233477  

Go big, or stay Home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode