TC we have PT wheres the Pro Street - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 08, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468
Thumbs up TC we have PT wheres the Pro Street

No biggy, but as you can see from some of my posts I might be a red neck about Pro Street.Is there any need for the pro street lover anymore,am I out dated to old give me pro street or give me death. Any replies HOLLA BACK YO.

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 08, 09:24 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jody

Re: TC we have PT wheres the Pro Street

most the pro street guys hang in the performance forum.

Jody

post #3 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 08, 11:37 AM
Senior Tech

I'm pretty sure the Pro-Street forum is located in the year 1992. Got a time machine?

J/K by the way, not looking to start a PT vs PS thread.

Tyler

post #4 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 08, 09:02 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetoe_Jones View Post
I'm pretty sure the Pro-Street forum is located in the year 1992.
Thats funny.
I have nothing against pro street either just refer something else
post #5 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 08, 09:10 PM
Senior Tech
Sean

Pro street is a heads up racing class, anything else is poser street......
Pro touring is just the next fad to go out of style.....

J/K, to each thier own.

Sean

1968 rs with an old school 354" SB2.2 pump gas motor.

Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
post #6 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 08, 09:31 PM
Senior Tech

ill second a Prostreet section! Pay homage to all the prostreet, we are where is all came from!
post #7 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 08, 05:07 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Hey - I believe there is still a place for Pro Street and we should consider a section, or at the very least, some discussion on the topic -- I happen to still like that style car, and if you check my signature, you'll see I used to own one. It was fast and a lot of fun to drive (around town only!)

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #8 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 08, 07:04 AM
Senior Tech

I think pro-street is cool. If a car is cool, it's cool, no matter what its purpose is.

Pro-touring/g-machines isn't a fad, it's just the modern term for hot rodding. Doing EFI swaps, adding overdrive transmissions, and making a car fun to drive will never go out of style.

Scott

post #9 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 08, 09:01 AM
Senior Tech
Sean

Quote:
I think pro-street is cool. If a car is cool, it's cool, no matter what its purpose is.
I 100% agree with that, make model or type cool is cool

However I don't really care for poser cars though, 13 second pro street cars with a tube chassis and pro touring cars with 22" rims that look like a matchbox car, but thats just my opinion.
As for the Pro touring / fad thing, pro street was modern hot rodding too in the 80's, crazy paint and straight axles were modern hot rodding in the 60's, imports are modern hot rodding of current times arguably, I still call 'em a fad. To me if it's not stock appearing it's going to fall into the fad category eventually.
They all may have started out as something real to begin with, but when it became one guy trying to have bigger tubs and wider tires or wheels that are unrealistically big, or for that matter when the phrase "pro street" or "pro touring", "G machine" or whatever was coined, it became a fad IMO.
But hey, if all our cars looked the same, what fun would that be?

Sean

1968 rs with an old school 354" SB2.2 pump gas motor.

Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
post #10 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 08, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468
Thumbs up Re: TC we have PT wheres the Pro Street

I am glad there are some of us still alive. Prostreet just catches my eye more than pro touring. If I want to tour I'l by a late model for a lot less than what I put in my junk.I guess will mark this down to different strokes. Lets go PROSTREETERS and get a pro street forum I would be in there all the time.:thumbsupI think my posts would go up to three a day.

PRO.ST69orange

post #11 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 08, 01:40 PM
Senior Tech
Chris

Send a message via Yahoo to cluxford

Can you have both ?

I love Prostreet...really love it....but it's hard to register a PS car in Australia.

I also love Pro-touring....

So I compromised.

I'm building a 68 Camaro
632 BBC (over 800Hp) - may get blown later
Minitubbed (28" Diameter 325 drag radials on rear)
17" billet rims
13" Disc brakes all round
4 Link coilover rear
Art Morrison from sub frame
Interior will be all leather 4 buckets and yeah it will have power steering, air con and a stereo.

Is it a Pro-Stour ?
post #12 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 08, 06:00 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

Everybody, just drive / build what you like and who cares who likes it or doesn't. Who are you building it for anyway? I Personally am a PT person for the looks, you can turn and they are fast as well. Hell, you can even go fast in a turn...lol. I wouldn't object (at all) to a pro-street forum, just might not be for everybody, just as PT is not for everybody. Point being...it's yours, do what you like with it!!!

P.S. Pro-Touring is not a fad!

Steve
67 Camaro RS

Last edited by class67; Jan 8th, 08 at 06:27 PM.
post #13 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 08, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Everybody has there ruthers I'd ruther see Prostreet and I was just wondering if there would be the posability that a direct link would be available. Sit a prostreet and a protouring next to one another and see what happens.So I ask this question wheres the prostreet forum. If any car lover agrees let me know.

PRO.ST69orange

post #14 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 08, 08:27 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

^^Not wanting get into a pissing match here but; that is a pretty bold statement. there are plenty of very high HP TT (under the hood) cars that i'm sure would not flinch at the site of a pro-street car.

Steve
67 Camaro RS
post #15 of 362 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 08, 08:55 PM
Senior Tech

Give me any high hp pt car and i will alway beat them out of the hole. I have never been beat by a drag radial pt car frum dig. now frum roll is another story but where is the skils in that? I love them both but I would def love a prostreet link as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode