What do you think about these..... - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

What do you think about these.....

new Billet Specialties Wheels. Considering buyin' a set of them for my 69.Need opinions.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Billet+Special...10002/-1/36660

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 05:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Re: What do you think about these.....

David,

I like them alot. I am looking for rims also. I was at Goodguys in Fort Worth 2 years ago and my wife was test driving my car for some ignition problems at the hotel. She was out on the feeder and kinda laid into it and sheared all the studs on my driver side back tire. Lucky for us it didnt hurt the car because of the big tubs. Well the disc brakes at up the inside of the rim. I ended up getting the car home and replaced the studs to the 5/8" racing studs and had to drill the rims. Well the wife wants new rims because she is scared of the rim now. I cleaned up the inside of the rim with the scotch brite pads on and air grinder but i have also had them for 15 years. I am also ready for some new ones. My problem is will those rims take a 5/8" stud with the big flat washer and nuts. Do you guys know what kind of studs I am talking about. I am also looking at the http://www.weldmotorsports.com/pdfs/MagnumDrag20.pdf

What do you think about them. Not the gold center ones but the polished centers. I am trying to get away from all the rivets on the Convo Pros.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 06:40 PM
Senior Tech
Russ

You have my vote David ,I like those alot.

Russ
1969 RS conv,hugger orange,396 4 speed,373 12 bolt posi.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 05:30 AM
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to Blade

I like them

Got to give the PEOPLE what they want!

Look....if you wanna be the best then you gotta take out the best!

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans
Ford 9" 4:56 gears

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 06:19 AM
Senior Tech
Joe

thats is sharp lookin rim with out a doubt, i like em too.

'67' RS

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 08:11 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

David,

Another thing about using a open rim like that. You will see the brakes. Then you can buy some Wilwood or Baer brakes. There is another 2500.00. Just something to think about.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
David,

I like them alot. I am looking for rims also. I was at Goodguys in Fort Worth 2 years ago and my wife was test driving my car for some ignition problems at the hotel. She was out on the feeder and kinda laid into it and sheared all the studs on my driver side back tire. Lucky for us it didnt hurt the car because of the big tubs. Well the disc brakes at up the inside of the rim. I ended up getting the car home and replaced the studs to the 5/8" racing studs and had to drill the rims. Well the wife wants new rims because she is scared of the rim now. I cleaned up the inside of the rim with the scotch brite pads on and air grinder but i have also had them for 15 years. I am also ready for some new ones. My problem is will those rims take a 5/8" stud with the big flat washer and nuts. Do you guys know what kind of studs I am talking about. I am also looking at the http://www.weldmotorsports.com/pdfs/MagnumDrag20.pdf

What do you think about them. Not the gold center ones but the polished centers. I am trying to get away from all the rivets on the Convo Pros.
Mike,
I also like those rims. I understand what you are sayin' about the wheel studs. I have 1/2 studs on my 9" rearend, had to use open end long shank lug nuts with the big flat washer as well.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19694speed View Post
You have my vote David ,I like those alot.
Thanks Russ. I like this as well

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 04:32 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969ProStreetCamaro View Post
new Billet Specialties Wheels. Considering buyin' a set of them for my 69.Need opinions.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Billet+Special...10002/-1/36660
I like the rims as well as the car, nice ride......It would be nice if someone here could photoshop thoughs wheels on your car for you to decide.

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter55 View Post
I like the rims as well as the car, nice ride......It would be nice if someone here could photoshop thoughs wheels on your car for you to decide.
Thanks. Never thought about the photoshop idea.Those billet rallyes on "Orange Crush" are killer

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 04:56 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

David any way you look at it, the billet wheels are big money...So that would be cool to have it photoshoped, to see thoughs wheels on it....

I think it will give an updated look on the car. But is it worth it your car looks like a mean machine already..

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
David any way you look at it, the billet wheels are big money...So that would be cool to have it photoshoped, to see thoughs wheels on it....

I think it will give an updated look on the car. But is it worth it your car looks like a mean machine already..
Thanks. The photoshop is an idea that I will pursue as you suggest it will allow me to see what they would look like on the car before actually spending the money on them and as stated in a previous post might lead to a brake upgrade as well. The rear rims alone are priced at $342 each which I know is not as expensive as some other rims but it's still a chunk of change.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 05:13 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Ive always wanted a ProStreet 69 camaro, my billet rallys were about $500 fronts each-$575 rears each, with tires $3,400 but i just had to have them...

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Ive always wanted a ProStreet 69 camaro, my billet rallys were about $500 fronts each-$575 rears each, with tires $3,400 but i just had to have them...
That's how I am about 69 Pro Street Camaro's,I just had to have one.I found mine as an incomplete project and spent over 5 years and lots of $$$ and I really enjoy it.One day I would like to have a 69 RS(non Pro Street) to park next to the Pro Street.

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 08, 08:35 PM
Team Member
Jerry R.

Very cool

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode