Pro-Street SS Exhaust my first time. - Team Camaro Tech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 08, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468
Pro-Street SS Exhaust my first time.

Thanks to Jason at BSM exhaust for the help with purchasing and some hints of the trade its in. Need to remove and bench weld the remainder.Pypes sent two different mufflers and thanks again to Jason he got them straightened ouy will have another Race-Pro muffler Yuesday.I'm not the best at tig weldin but it wont leak anyway the welds may look a little better when I polish the pipe.Heres some pics.

this one the clamps are temporary on the muffler..

Thanks again to Jason at BSM a real true and down to eart helpfull guy....

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 08, 05:43 PM
Team Member
Jerry R.

Re: Pro-Street SS Exhaust my first time.

Dave have you lit that baby up yet ?
wondering what that x-pipe did for your sound.
looks sweet

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 08, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr68 View Post
Dave have you lit that baby up yet ?
wondering what that x-pipe did for your sound.
looks sweet
No not totaly done need to finish the wedls and change the one muffler to a Race-Pro Pypes sent the wrong muffler. It will be a little while before I start it again I need to change the fuel Punp do the interior before I take it off the lift.My interior panels bolt in from the bottom,and before I put them in I am going to put some more second skin sound deadining that should be here this week.

PRO.ST69orange

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 08, 06:03 PM
Senior Tech
Russ

Look's great Dave

Russ
1969 RS conv,hugger orange,396 4 speed,373 12 bolt posi.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 08, 06:17 PM
Senior Tech
David

You're gettin' closer Dave

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 08, 06:28 PM
Jason

Send a message via AIM to BSMExhaust

Looks great Dave, I like the hanger set up in the back. Your welds look good, mufflers and pipes are running even with each other, nice job overall. Your plumbing skills helped I bet...

Jason

Orders/Tech Info 978 454 0311

Home Page

Online Store

Featuring Pypes Performance
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 08, 06:34 PM
Jason

Here's some pics of work Ive done.

http://www.bsmexhaustworks.net/projectpictures.html

Scroll to the bottom where my 55 pickup is and there is some pics of the exhaust I did recently. Also more on the exhaust pics page too..

Jason

Home Page

Online Store

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 08, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Thanks Jason for the compliment and all your help..Is the 55 Truck finished is it yours or a customers.Is that a X pipe who makes that one kinda odd looking is that a stock application for another vehicle or something..This is like a run on question no need to get to involved just ramling my fingers.

PRO.ST69orange

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 08, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Jason, The tips are about a 1/2" below the tale pan and about 2" in to keep away from the fuel lines will this be OK I didn't want to be able to see them when someone follows me..

PRO.ST69orange

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 08, 07:50 PM
Jason

Thats a complete one off fabricated system from the manifolds back using 2.25" stainless mandrel bends with MagnaFlow X pipe and mufflers. Off the down pipes I put in 2 y pipes and electric cutouts into 3" pipes that sneak out under the running board where they meet the front fenders. Sounds rude...This ones mine, not a customers for a change..

Jason

Home Page

Online Store

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 08, 08:06 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Dave, your exhaust looks great. You did a nice job. You need to put a level on the left side pipe. It looks crooked or something. Just kidding. I hope you like the kick downs in the back. I used to have them but I got tired of pulling in parking lots with alot of dust. It would throw it everywhere. But if yours is high enough it might not be to bad.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 08, 02:06 AM
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to Blade

looks good man. I didnt even realize it was ur car

Got to give the PEOPLE what they want!

Look....if you wanna be the best then you gotta take out the best!

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans
Ford 9" 4:56 gears

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 08, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Thanks Matt I'm gettin close waiting on some more second skin sound deadining so I can put the interior in.....

PRO.ST69orange

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 08, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

My exhaust is done and sounds pretty good I think its a little quiet though....

It comes out in five minutes 3 pieces 4 clamps 4 hangers it turned out OK what do you think...

PRO.ST69orange

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 08, 07:33 PM
Team Member
Jerry R.

gorgeous , and tucks up there real nice !

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode